Hiding Behind The Music - Chp 9 [Misguided Ghosts]

"I'm going away for a while/But I'll be back/Don't try to follow me/'Cause I'll return as soon as possible/See, I'm trying to find my place/But it might not be here where I feel safe" - Paramore - Misguided Ghosts

“I so promised I wouldn’t cry.” I said getting out of Sonny’s Holden as I checked the keys to her. We’d been standing by her car that I’d dropped off for the past quarter of an hour, her especially discussing the events of the party and me scolding her like a mother.

She smiled weakly “It’s gonna suck. I'll waste away here alone. Remember though, fresh start. You need this.” She said seriously putting her misery aside and encouraging me to do something that was going to affect her just as much. We’d always been a team and here I was leaving her to do something on my own, it felt like I was breaking a code, and yet it felt real. For once something felt real.

I smiled hugging her tightly and inhaling her deep floral smell of Sonny whilst I still could. I squeezed her, none of us protesting, we wanted to just freeze time.

“Now,” she said pulling back fighting strong as I was the opposite, for once. “Email me every night even if it’s to tell me the climate or what you ate for breakfast and” she added sternly “don’t forget me.” She said her smile wavering as her lips trembled.

My tears spilled over and down my face, I laughed weakly and then Sonny laughed until we both burst out into laughter whilst crying our eyes out, hugging one another.

Finding composure finally I straightened myself, righting my clothes and wiping under my eyes “I'll call you Sonny if I have a problem, and call me.” I said squeezing her hand “I don’t care of costs.” She nodded warmly agreeing too worked up to speak.I heaved a deep and harsh sigh “Off to met mum.” I whispered warily. “Bye.” I whispered giving her one last hug.

I ran across the street to Kylie’s car as Sonny called out “Love you!”

I turned around and waved “Yeah,” I said winking “love you too.”

And with that I dove into the car.

I said I wouldn’t cry either as I said bye to Kylie and Garry but the odd tears escaped driving. The drive was silent except for the soft soothing sound of the radio, the sad break up song relaxing my shoulders and lulling me to sleep even though it was a saddening song it drained me.

Pulling up to a stop outside the metal gate that led to the runaway, access only to workers we slid through once opened to security. We were snuck in so Kate and her band went unnoticed. We pulled up just by the door that led to the huge private plane just for us the height of it overwhelming and yet daunting. Any other day this would have stoked me, today I was so full of butterflies and still dealing with other unreal cases that this was just another thing that seemed unreal and waltzed by in a daze.

My door was wrenched opened and I was pulled out in my jeans and dark blue singlet, “You’re here!” Kate exclaimed. I smiled warmly as her excitement ran through me. She was nearly jumping like the twelve year old girls at her concert, I laughed at the thought.

Getting my bags out; my luggage bag and handbag for the plane, there was nothing left to do but say goodbye. No time to stall.

Turning I was instantly embraced “I'll miss you. Relax, and have fun.” Kylie whispered in my ear. She knew me too well knowing that I’d spend the majority of the time over analysing everything instead of having fun and just going with the rid.

I smiled and embraced Garry “Enjoy it sport, send me something good too.” I laughed.

“I love you guys.” I whispered hugging them each one more time.