Chapter 4

Percy POV

"Hey, p-" the surfer-looking dude started to say but the brunette with glasses smack her hand over his mouth before he could finish the sentence.

"Hi, um were the exchange students. Were from Canada. Would you mind telling us where the office is?" The rich guy in the front asked.

"Um down that hall to the right." I pointed in the direction of the office and watched as they all shuffled that way.

"Ok... so there a little weird," Leo said, he had fixed the locker but was kind of just dumbstruck about what just happened.

"Dude, let's just get to class. If we investigate them, we will probably find the truth and the truth will get us killed. I don't feel like starting the process of my death at 8:17 on a Tuesday." I slammed my locker.

"'k let's go we are officially 20 minutes late for class so it's time for a dramatic entrance." He laughed.

We had first period Science together, thankfully our teacher was super old and fell asleep after 2 minutes so he wouldn't even notice we were late.

Piper POV

"Ok, so today we will be reviewing Knife Skills because we will be using said skills for our recipe tomorrow." My cooking teacher announced as she dangerously waves a knife around scaring us half to death.

The doors suddenly opened interrupting her spiel about not waving knives around. When I looked up from my doodling I saw a girl with curly red hair and a sort of cottage core aesthetic going on. The assistant principal lead her in and said something about exchange students and Canada to the teacher before he left.

"Ok everybody, this is..." she turned to the girl hoping to get a hint on her name.

"Um... my name is... Daniel, Daniel Seed. But you can call me Dani." She looked unsure of her own name but relaxed a little more when she got it out.

"Dani then why don't you go sit next to... um, Pepper." This teacher hated me mainly because I was vegitarian and also because I was really good at following directions so she didn't get to yell at me.

"It's Piper," I said to the girl as she sat down in the seat next to me. "How's your day going?"

"Um... good I guess." She looked nervous "you could say coming here was a very sudden decision."

"I like it better when things are planned as well." I smiled and went back to my doodling.