008

It had been a couple days after the events of the party as it seemed as though no one remember the kiss shared between the Potter heir and the Black-Avery heiress. Everyone except the two parties involved.

One was thinking what in her right mind compelled her to kiss him. The boy who annoys her every single day. The boy who she can't stand. The boy who can never name his hair. The boy with the most beautiful eyes. The boy who is actually quite handsome. Wait. Why was Cassiopeia thinking about him? 

The other was thinking how amazing the night was. How soft her lips were. How check she was after their kiss. Merlin, she was everything he could ever want. He was thinking about how to get her to fall for him. And on the faithful Tuesday morning, the first part of his plan went into action.

Gathering up all his Gryffindor courage (and remembering that he's James Potter's son) Harry Potter stood up on the Gryffindor table during the midst of breakfast and cleared his throat.

"Can I have your attention? Please?"

The hall turned quite and all eyes turned to him, including the blue-grey eyes of the very girl he was trying to impress.

"I would just like to say thank you for following directions oh so well and ask you to please listen up. Cassiopeia Avery," -at this the girl groaned- "my stunning star. My adorable little. Would you do me the honors of coming to Hogsmead with me?"

From somewhere in the crowd, the girl spoke up,

"Fuck off Potter!"

At this the girl stood up and stormed out, huffing as she went. The students started laughing while the older teachers groaned. The one thing they didn't need this year was another  James and Lily situation. Oh Merlin were they in for a ride.

▲▼▲

Cassiopeia was in detention. Her mother would not be happy. It all started when in Transfiguration her parter wouldn't do any of his work, so she transfigured him into a stag. Apparently, McGonagall deemed this inappropriate (even though they were in a Transfiguration class for Merlin's sake) and gave her a detention. So now, the girl is standing at the Quidditch commenter's box for the Quidditch game. Cassie hates Quidditch. She's terrified of heights and the fact that some players fly in the harsher of conditions makes her want to throw up. But alas, she's been forced to be the stupid commenter.

"Hello Hogwarts," Cassie said in a bored voice, "I am your commenter today. Not that I wanted to be," the crowd laughed, the loudest ones being James Potter and Sirius Black.

"What teams are playing? Oh, alright. Welcome to the Gryffindor and Ravenclaw match. So, the first team we have flying out is the Ravenclaw team. I don't know any of their names, so hopefully you do!" The crowd burst into laughter again.

"Next, we have the Gryffindor team. The only ones I care about here are Fred and George. Now-" before the girl could finish, a voice cut her off.

"Go out with me Avery?" Harry Potter yelled, his glasses slipping down his face.

The reactions to this differed. Some groaned because the boy had asked the same question this morning. Some cheered for him, James Potter being one of those people. And some shook their head, feeling sorry for the girl, Lily Potter being one of these people. However, the girl just made eye contact with the boy and said, 

"I hope you fall off your broom Potter."

▲▼▲

Gryffindor won the match, much to the disappointment of Draco and Cassiopeia. Draco was upset because he didn't want Potter to win and Cassiopeia was upset because she had to listen to Draco's constant whining. 

"Stupid Potter," the Malfoy boy spoke, kicking a rock around the courtyard, "why'd he have to catch the snitch?"

"Draco," Cassiopeia said, looking up from her book, "shut up."

Before the boy could continue, Cassiopeia waved him off and walked in the Great Hall. As soon as she sat down, a deep black owl flew in. The students gawked, never seeing the majestic bird before, but Cassiopeia paled. That was her mother's owl. 

The bird dropped a letter in front of her and flew off. With shaking hands, the girl picked up the letter and started to read it.

Cassiopeia,

I have heard that you received a detention. How dare you? You have tainted our family name. And now the Potter boy is trying to court you? He is a blood traitor and a filthy half-blood. You re not to associate yourself with him. Don't bother returning home during Yule break. I need more time away from you.

Mother.

Cassiopeia gulped. She had received good news and bad news that day. Good news, she wouldn't have to see her mother during Yule break. Bad news, she was in for a painful punishment during summer.

▲▼▲

✿✦❤︎ She Speaks! ❤︎✦

Sorry this was so late and short! It was mainly a filler chapter. But, I have a reason. I made my school's cheer team!! So that's fun! I have such big plans for 6th year and can't wait to get there, so there may be some time jumps this year! Anyways, I love you guys. Bye!!

word count: 886