𝟓 | 𝐓𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓-𝐋𝐈𝐏𝐏𝐄𝐃

"𝑌𝑜𝑢𝑛𝑔 𝑙𝑜𝑣𝑒 𝑖𝑠 𝑐𝑜𝑚𝑚𝑜𝑛, 𝑏𝑢𝑡 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑑𝑜𝑒𝑠𝑛'𝑡 𝑚𝑒𝑎𝑛 𝑖𝑡'𝑠 𝑛𝑜𝑡 𝑝𝑟𝑒𝑐𝑖𝑜𝑢𝑠."
—𝐸𝑜𝑖𝑛 𝐶𝑜𝑙𝑓𝑒𝑟, '𝐴𝑖𝑟𝑚𝑎𝑛'

𝒟.

𝐃𝐈𝐄𝐆𝐎 𝐋𝐄𝐓 𝐎𝐔𝐓 a small groan as he woke up; he was far too tired to be doing anything right now.

Sure, he was waking up at the same time as usual, but he had spent the majority of his night in Natalia's room, and, in consequence, had only managed to get around two hours of sleep, which would not be great for training.

Although, it wasn't anything he wasn't used to. He had started doing this in September—when they had first begun dating—and it was now well into October. He was surprised that both Grace and Pogo hadn't caught on to the circles that had darkened underneath their eyes nor all the yawns and sleepy faces they kept throughout the day.

He sighed, staring up at his ceiling as he tried to wake himself up. It was impossible; he was exhausted.

Still, he had to get up. It was either that or getting yelled at.

With a frown, he pulled the blanket off of his lap and drowsily walked towards his dresser, barely conscious as he opened it and grabbed his uniform.

As soon as he had changed, he headed towards the bathroom, where he exchanged a mumbled hello with Ben before brushing his teeth and combing his hair.

His mood lifted slightly as he realized he had enough time to pay a small visit to Natalia. Yeah, he had seen her two hours ago, but that felt like weeks to him.

Diego stopped in front of her door and knocked on it, hoping that she had already finished getting ready as well.

His hopes were fulfilled as the door opened to reveal Natalia, who seemed to have just finished applying the light makeup that she usually wore, and she gestured for him to come inside.

"'Mornin', princess," he greeted, placing a kiss on her cheek as soon as he shut the door behind him.

As usual, her cheeks rosied at the nickname, and she smiled. "Good morning."

"I feel like I haven't seen you in forever," he sighed as he sat on the edge of the bed.

"You saw me two hours ago," she pointed out with a small scoff as she sat down next to him, though the corners of her lips tugged upwards.

"Same difference."

Natalia sighed, tucking a strand of dark hair behind her ear. "Do you think you're ready for Tuesday's math test?"

He shrugged. "As long as I study with you, I'll be fine."

She raised her eyebrows as she pointed out, "Diego, when we study together, nothing gets done."

He shrugged again. "It's not my fault."

She scoffed and folded her arms. "Are you saying that it's my fault?"

"Yeah." He grinned. "You're just so gorgeous, I can't pay attention."

Natalia rolled her eyes in amusement and playfully slapped his arm. "I'm serious, babe. This one is supposed to be really hard. The review package is fifteen pages long"

"It's Saturday, we still have all of tonight, tomorrow night, and Monday night to study," he pointed out. "We'll be fine."

"I don't know," she said as she laid back, a frown settling on her face. "This unit is kinda hard."