𝟑𝟓 | 𝐈𝐆𝐍𝐎𝐑𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐄 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐅𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐒

"𝐼 𝑐𝑎𝑛𝑛𝑜𝑡 𝑑𝑜 𝑎𝑙𝑙 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑔𝑜𝑜𝑑 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑤𝑜𝑟𝑙𝑑 𝑛𝑒𝑒𝑑𝑠. 𝐵𝑢𝑡 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑤𝑜𝑟𝑙𝑑 𝑛𝑒𝑒𝑑𝑠 𝑎𝑙𝑙 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑔𝑜𝑜𝑑 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝐼 𝑐𝑎𝑛 𝑑𝑜."
—𝐽𝑎𝑛𝑎 𝑆𝑡𝑎𝑛𝑓𝑖𝑒𝑙𝑑

𝒩.

𝐍𝐀𝐓𝐀𝐋𝐈𝐀 𝐒𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐄𝐃, 𝐇𝐄𝐑 lips pulling down into a frown as she inspected Five's face. 

It was dirty—his cheeks, his forehead, the tip of his nose—his hair was dishevelled, and his uniform wasn't all that clean either.

She glanced over at Luther, who was rifling through a book he had found on the desk. She walked over to the dresser and opened the bottom drawer, where she kept a few blankets folded. She grabbed two—one thicker than the other—and walked back over to the space beside the bed.

She laid the thicker one down on the ground and then tossed the other blanket beside it. She took the pillow that Five wasn't using and placed it at the top of the blanket, and she gestured down towards it as she told Luther, "You can sleep on that for the night."

Luther gave a nod of thanks and a mutter that seemed quite similar before beginning to get himself settled. 

Natalia then crossed the room to the sink, and she took a clean rag and quickly wettened it. She quietly walked back over to the bed, making sure to avoid stepping on Luther, who was now laid down, and crawled onto the bed, just behind Five.

She gently pulled him so that he was laying on his back, every movement and touch tentative as she tried to not wake him up. Once she was assured that he was comfortable, she began to gingerly rub the rag against his cheeks, slowly, and continuously glanced over to his eyes to make sure they weren't opening. She made sure to be gentle against the cuts and scrapes on his knees and followed that by applying an antibiotic cream that she grabbed.

Once his face was clean and her rag was dirty, she used her free hand to lightly brush off the dust that littered his uniform.

After she was finished, she tugged the blanket over his body and then slowly slid off the bed. She glanced to the side to see that Luther was already tucked in, and she headed back over to the sink.

She washed the rag before hanging it over the side of the sink to dry and took a look at the clock. It was a little before eleven, though she doubted Diego would be home anytime soon.

She needed some sleep, she quickly decided as a yawn escaped her. A lot of it.

𝒩.

A lot of sleep, however, wasn't enough to help Natalia process whatever the fuck Five informed her and Luther of the following morning.

"An apocalypse?" she repeated in shock from her spot next to him on the bed. She wasn't all too sure if she believed him about his discovery from his venture to the future, but then again, why would he make it up?

He could also be crazy, but she decided to push that speculation away.

"When's it supposed to happen?" asked Luther, who was sitting on a chair opposite them. "This . . . apocalypse."

"I can't give you the exact hour, but . . ." Five, whose hands were clasped, sighed. "From what I could gather, we have four days left."

Natalia's eyebrows furrowed. Four days? Five had already been here for four days, and now he decided to pipe up about it?