𝟐𝟒 | 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐀𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐌𝐀𝐓𝐇

"𝐿𝑜𝑣𝑒 𝑖𝑠 𝑛𝑜𝑡 𝑎𝑓𝑓𝑒𝑐𝑡𝑖𝑜𝑛𝑎𝑡𝑒 𝑓𝑒𝑒𝑙𝑖𝑛𝑔, 𝑏𝑢𝑡 𝑎 𝑠𝑡𝑒𝑎𝑑𝑦 𝑤𝑖𝑠ℎ 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑙𝑜𝑣𝑒𝑑 𝑝𝑒𝑟𝑠𝑜𝑛'𝑠 𝑢𝑙𝑡𝑖𝑚𝑎𝑡𝑒 𝑔𝑜𝑜𝑑 𝑎𝑠 𝑓𝑎𝑟 𝑎𝑠 𝑖𝑡 𝑐𝑎𝑛 𝑏𝑒 𝑜𝑏𝑡𝑎𝑖𝑛𝑒𝑑."
—𝐶.𝑆. 𝐿𝑒𝑤𝑖𝑠

𝒟.

𝐃𝐈𝐄𝐆𝐎 𝐔𝐍𝐋𝐎𝐂𝐊𝐄𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐄 door and stepped inside the apartment.

It had been a month since he moved in, and it was still a little difficult to remember that he was supposed to call this apartment home now. Of course, he still did have his boiler room, but he was only there twice a week, at most.

He missed his boiler room, sure. But living with Natalia was worth it.

A smile drew upon Diego's face as Natalia peeked her head out of their bedroom and grinned.

"Hey, gorgeous," he greeted as she came out and shut the door behind her.

She walked up to him, tugging down the hem of her shirt. After planting a kiss on his lips, she smiled. "How was training, honey? Did Nigel kick your ass again?"

"Training was good," he answered. "And, no, he didn't."

"I don't believe you," she laughed, causing him to roll his eyes in amusement.

He placed his hands on her hips and examined the red top she was wearing. The sleeves were short and puffy, though the rest of it flattered her figure. Diego had to admit that his favourite part was the sweetheart neckline, however, and, more importantly, what it revealed.

"I like your shirt."

"Yeah?" she chuckled as she glanced down at it. "Because it's red, right? No other reason?"

"No," he murmured, kissing the edge of her jaw. "No other reason, obviously."

She giggled as his kisses began to lower, and she soon pushed him off of her, causing him to groan.

"Aw, come on, baby," he whined softly, beginning to nip at her neck. "I missed you."

"I missed you, too, but it's barely noon," she laughed, shoving him away once again.

He scrunched his nose as he pulled away, though he dove in to attack once more with a kiss to her lips. When she had laughed and pushed him away, he grinned and grabbed her hand.

"Anyway," he began as he headed towards their bedroom, Natalia trailing close behind, "what're you up to?"

"I was just reading," she replied with a small wave of the hand. "But I was actually about to leave to get some groceries. Wanna come with?"

Diego nodded as he opened the closet and pulled out a sweater and jeans. "Yeah. Just let me change first."

Natalia gave a small hum, and as he changed from his gym clothes into his usual ones, he heard her shuffling around the bookshelf.

He turned to face her once he was done. "All right. Let's go."

Natalia smiled and grabbed a folded piece of paper from the desk that was pushed against the corner of the room.

"Grocery list?" Diego questioned as she tucked it into her purse and gestured for him to follow her.

She nodded in confirmation as she grabbed a light jacket. Seeing that Diego was content with his sweater to go against the September weather, she interlaced her fingers with his, and the two headed out.