𝟐𝟑 | 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐀𝐆𝐀𝐈𝐍𝐒𝐓

"𝐹𝑜𝑟 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑡𝑤𝑜 𝑜𝑓 𝑢𝑠, ℎ𝑜𝑚𝑒 𝑖𝑠𝑛'𝑡 𝑎 𝑝𝑙𝑎𝑐𝑒. 𝐼𝑡 𝑖𝑠 𝑎 𝑝𝑒𝑟𝑠𝑜𝑛. 𝐴𝑛𝑑 𝑤𝑒 𝑎𝑟𝑒 𝑓𝑖𝑛𝑎𝑙𝑙𝑦 ℎ𝑜𝑚𝑒."
—𝑆𝑡𝑒𝑝ℎ𝑎𝑛𝑖𝑒 𝑃𝑒𝑟𝑘𝑖𝑛𝑠, 𝐴𝑛𝑛𝑎 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝐹𝑟𝑒𝑛𝑐ℎ 𝐾𝑖𝑠𝑠

𝒟.

"𝐖𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐇𝐄𝐋𝐋 do you want now?"

Klaus grinned as he crossed his arms and leaned against the doorframe. "What, can't say hi to my favourite brother?"

Diego sighed as he turned around and went down the stairs, waving away the smell of booze that was radiating from his brother. "What do you want?"

"I don't want anything!" Klaus called as he closed the door, suspending the sounds that were coming from the gym. He continued as he followed Diego onto the landing, "I just love you!" 

Diego, however, wasn't buying his bullshit, and he glared at him. "What do you want?"

Klaus's grin broadened as he shrugged. "Well, y'know, does my favourite, handsome, amazing, strong brother want to give me, his favourite, also amazing brother maybe, like, fifty bucks?"

Diego scoffed as he sat down on the edge of his bed. "No."

"Damn. I tried," he sighed as he leaned against the sink. "Where's Nutella?"

"She's at work."

Klaus frowned. "When will she be home?"

"I'm going for coffee with her in a few minutes, so I don't know," answered Diego with a small shrug. "Why?"

He grinned. "I wanna ask her for sixty bucks."

Diego's eyebrows furrowed. "I thought it was fifty."

"Yeah, but she always gives me more money."

"You gotta stop taking advantage of her, man. Of me, too," Diego sighed, running a hand through his short hair. "Go to rehab."

Klaus's nose immediately wrinkled, and he gave a small shudder. "Oh, God, now you're starting to sound like her."

"Shut up."

Klaus sighed. "Anywho, how's life been?"

"It's fine," Diego muttered as he glanced at the clock. He then stood up, realizing that he'd have to leave in less than a minute to be on time, and he grabbed his wallet and car keys from his desk before shoving both into his jean pocket. 

"Oh, detailed," Klaus quipped, "love it." 

Diego patted Klaus on the shoulder. "I have to go."

"What? Where?"

"I just told you. Coffee. With Natalia."

"Oh, right, right." Klaus nodded, and he tottered his way over to Diego's bed before flopping down and calling, "I'll just chill here."

Diego sighed, "That's not what I—"

"Ciao!"

Diego rolled his eyes before giving in and heading towards the door.

He made his way toward the gym, wrinkling his nose as the stench of sweat hit him. He ignored all this, giving small waves and mutters of hello to passing friends as he went towards the exit. 

"Yo, Diego!" 

Diego sighed and turned to see that Nigel was coming towards him, sweat beaded on his forehead and his cheeks a little flushed.