𝟒𝟎 | 𝐄𝐑𝐎𝐒𝐈𝐎𝐍 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐀𝐑𝐊 𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐄𝐋

"𝐵𝑒𝑐𝑎𝑢𝑠𝑒 𝐼 𝑚𝑢𝑠𝑡 𝑑𝑜 𝑠𝑜𝑚𝑒𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑤ℎ𝑖𝑙𝑒 𝐼 𝑠𝑡𝑖𝑙𝑙 𝑐𝑎𝑛. 𝐸𝑎𝑐ℎ 𝑠𝑜𝑢𝑙 𝑖𝑠 𝑠𝑡𝑖𝑙𝑙 𝑖𝑛𝑐𝑎𝑙𝑐𝑢𝑙𝑎𝑏𝑙𝑦 𝑝𝑟𝑒𝑐𝑖𝑜𝑢𝑠."
—𝑀𝑖𝑐ℎ𝑒𝑙 𝐹𝑎𝑏𝑒𝑟, 𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝐶𝑟𝑖𝑚𝑠𝑜𝑛 𝑃𝑒𝑡𝑎𝑙 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑊ℎ𝑖𝑡𝑒

𝒩.

𝐓𝐖𝐎 𝐇𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐒 𝐀𝐍𝐃 twenty near accidents later, they were finally home.

There was hardly a moment between parking the car and scrambling out. Luckily, there was no one roaming the streets to question the bloodied body that Luther and Klaus were carrying in, nor the others' shouts to hurry.

Grace was quickly called, and Pogo joined them in the infirmary not long after. Allison, who was barely even breathing at this point, was placed on the hospital bed, which was soon crowded around.

They watched with bated breath as Grace assessed Allison. She quickly ordered Five to apply pressure to the wound, and he scurried to her side. His hands were soon covered with her blood, though that didn't seem to bother him as he wrapped his hands around Allison's neck.

"She's suffered a severe laceration to her larynx," Grace said hurriedly, then turning to look at the group. "One of you will need to give blood."

Natalia didn't hesitate to volunteer, "I will."

That statement was echoed by the rest of the group, and they all exchanged disgruntled looks.

"I'm doing it," Luther offered, starting to scrunch up his sleeve.

"I'm afraid that's not possible, dear boy." Pogo sighed. "Your blood is more compatible with mine."

"Hey, don't sweat it," Klaus reassured the dismayed Luther. "I—I got this, big guy. I—I love needles."

"Master Klaus," Pogo called as Klaus rounded the bed and slapped his forearm. "Your blood is—how shall I say this?—too polluted."

"Okay, me, I'll do it," Natalia quickly said before anyone else could.

"No," Diego interjected, holding out a hand before she could move, "I got it."

"What?" She scoffed and shook her head. "I already said I would."

"I'm the man and leader; it's my duty to protect—"

"Oh, shut up about that already! You're literally afraid of needles!"

"Afraid? I'm not!"

She scoffed. "You passed out the last time we got the flu shot."

He shrugged and muttered, "The doctor must've slipped me something."

"You know very well—"

"Can one of you just do it?!" exclaimed Luther incredulously, causing them both to shut up and turn to him with widened eyes. 

This time, Natalia didn't stop Diego when he muttered, "Move."

He kept a tough expression on his face as he walked up to Grace, though Natalia knew it was all an act. For someone who used sharp objects as weapons, he sure as hell was afraid of needles. It had taken her about half an hour to convince him to take the flu shot last time, along with the promise of a fun night afterwards. 

And just as she predicted, as soon as Grace brought out the syringe, Diego whimpered and hit the ground.

Pogo gave a grim nod. "Stick him."