chapter 1.

8 A.M. - Wednesday

„Mina!"

Mina is standing in front of her locker when she hears Kayoung calling her name approaching her from her right.

She playfully throws her arm on her shoulder.
„So you're coming to my party this Friday, right?", Kayoung asks, now opening her locker that's next to Mina's to get her stuff.

„What party?" Mina jokingly makes a confused face while looking for her math book in her locker. Kayoung always tells Mina about the parties she organizes or attends. Of course she knows what party Kayoung is referring to this time.

„Shut up, if you're not coming you know I'm cancelling it." She hits Mina's arm laughing.

„You know I'm joking, I do hate parties but it's yours so do I even have chance? You better not leave my side though", Mina declares and takes out her book before shutting her locker.

They both start walking to class when Kayoung links her arm with Mina's.

„You can invite Jay if you want to as well, even though I *cough* don't like him *cough*" Kayoung says.

„Okay, I might but I'm not sure yet.", Mina simply implies. She's not so sure if she really wants her boyfriend there.
Will he even be happy to know she's going to a party without telling him beforehand. Knowing him and his temper he probably won't.

Both of them get to their classroom for this class when Mina suddenly gets a text message.
It's him.

J <3

hey, are you free on saturday?

Math class is about to start so she quickly replies.

yes I am. what do you wanna do?

idk, let's get something to eat maybe.
i'll pick you up after school.

Mina smiles at the text and turns off your phone.

Kayoung immediately realizes who she's texting just from her smile and leans in just a little bit to see what text message Mina got.

After partially reading it she looks away from Mina's phone rolling her eyes when the math teacher enters the room. „Good morning, everyone."

*45 minutes later*

„Don't forget to do number 3 on page 47." The teacher leaves the classroom when Kayoung taps Mina's shoulder.

„Can we hangout on Saturday?", she asks, knowing damn well that Mina has made plans with Jay now.

„Oh, I'm actually meeting up with Jay this Saturday.", Mina packs her things while Kayoung drops her smile at the response. This wasn't what she wanted to hear.

„Mina, I keep trying to tell you this in the nicest way possible but how haven't you realized he's not good for you? You have been dating for almost half a year.", Kayoung tells her, well aware that she'll stay stubborn when it comes to this topic.

To be honest, Mina lowkey knows her best friend is right but she can't see herself breaking up with Jay and Kayoung has been wishing for it for awhile now because she just wants the best for the girl she's known since she was a elementary student.