chapter 7.

7 A.M. - Tuesday

Mina's alarm wakes her up and she quickly reaches for your phone to turn it off.
She notices the blanket on the ground Heeseung was sleeping on.

Is he in the bathroom?

Stretching she gets up to see if Heeseung might be washing up early in the morning already.

But she notices that the bathroom is empty so she enters and washes your face to fully wake up. The feeling of being alone in someone else's home feels strange to her.
She barely knows the owner of the apartment after all.

The first thing she does is look for food in the fridge.
Since she can't waste time she grabs an apple and bites into it after washing it.

Mina checks her phone and the messages she saw last were the last messages Jay sent.

Hopefully he won't show up at my house again.

She finishes eating the apple and switches into her clothes from yesterday.

Going back into the bathroom she puts on some mascara and lipbalm from her schoolbag and fixes her hair before taking all her things to leave the apartment.

But there's no key and she can't just leave someone's apartment without locking the door.

It's 7:35 A.M. already and she has to be at school at 8.
She looks for the key but it doesn't seem to be anywhere. Checking under the basket that's on a shelf Mina finally sees the key and quickly locks the door behind her.

Heeseung doesn't have a carpet she can hide the key under so she just thinks of taking it with her and giving it back when she sees him again. He shows up at the most random times anyways.

He probably has a spare key with him.

Mina leaves the apartment complex and starts walking when she notices two guys beating someone up. She ignores them and keeps walking but she imagines what it would feel like to be the victim.

How can I help them?
Should I pretend to call the police?

Since it's the safest option she pulls out her phone holding it up and starts yelling.
„Hey. Leave before I call the cops."

Both of the suspects quickly turn to her and luckily start running the opposite direction to where she's standing.

Thank god it was that easy.

Mina hears a male voice groaning coming from the guy who's laying on the ground.
When he first comes into view she doesn't recognize him but after she walks up to him her heart sinks.

„Heeseung?", she's in shock.
„What happened?"

She notices the damaged skin on his face. His left eye is completely swollen and his face is fully covered in blood. His clothes are a complete mess.

He stays silent and slowly tries to stand up while Mina's just looking at him.
He forces out words after spitting out blood.
„Nothing. Let's say you never saw what happened.", he responds.

„Uh okay.", she tries not to let her curiousity win in case it's too personal.
„Well, I got your key. I thought you had left so I locked the door.", she hands him his key.

„Make sure you treat the wounds on your face. You seem to be good at that.", she says before walking away to not be late for school.

Should I help him?
It's fine. I already scared away those bullies.

She shakes off her thoughts and keeps walking to school.

*After school*