chapter 13.

Sunday

The last time Mina and Kayoung had hung out together felt like ages ago and she misses it. She decides to give Kayoung a call.

„Hey, do you wanna hang out? I know you might go a party since it's Saturday but-"

Kayoung cuts her off. „Of course, where do you wanna go?" Wow, that was fast. Usually there's always another party she wants to go to. That's also why Mina mostly just waits for her to call.

„I don't know. I was thinking we could watch a movie at my place or maybe go to the mall again or something.", Mina suggests.

Kayoung's excitement is showing in her voice.
„Let's watch a movie, I'll come over right now if that's fine!" Thank god. Mina didn't really feel like leaving her house either.

And she can finally spend time with her best friend outside of school again.

Mina rushes to take a quick shower before she arrives. A cold shower always helps her to really wake up. Putting on a plain grey sweater and sweatpants after she finishes, she runs downstairs and takes out a frozen pizza before putting it in the oven.

While the pizza is baking she's waiting for her best friend while scrolling on social media at the kitchen counter.

A couple of minutes pass when Kayoung rings Mina's doorbell.
Mina runs to the door and opens it before hugging Kayoung tightly.

"How are you, my love?", Kayoung asks Mina wrapping her arm around her shoulder. It's not uncommon for Kayoung to call her best friend random nicknames.

"I've been great, I hope you've been too.", Mina smiles at her. Kayoung nods yes.

"Mina, I have so much to tell you.  Alex threw his birthday party and you know I couldn't have missed it.", Mina listens to her attentively.

"Tell me everything, I'll get the pizza."

-

Kayoung has finished talking about her social life and drama she's witnessed this past week. Mina eats it up everytime. Who wants to miss out on highschool drama?

"Kayoung, I wanna talk to you about Heeseung.", Mina tells Kayoung.
Kayoung adjusts her seat and listens intently.

"You know this key has been laying in my house for over a week now. I don't want to keep it anymore and live in fear nor do I wanna give it to him and cause god knows what." Mina takes a glance at the key that's still on the counter. „What do you think I should do?"

Kayoung thinks for a couple of seconds before speaking. „I think you should just keep it in a drawer of something until he contacts you and tells you he needs it. But if he does, ask him what he needs it for."

Mina nods. „Okay, I'll do that."

-

It's getting dark when Heeseung fnally gets home from work. Another day of threatening someone for money.

Is what I'm doing not wrong?

He thinks about this everytime when remembering the terrified looks on people's faces he holds a gun to.

I mean, they're doing the wrong thing too.
I'm just getting revenge, right?

Heeseung opens the window and lights a cigarette. Just what he needs after an exhausting workday.

Most people would not agree but he likes the smell of the smoke. It calms him down.

Taking his first puff on the cigarette he gets reminded of the key he's been told to get over a week ago. Q will not let this go.