chapter 9.

Immediately she looks for the contact name in her contacts.

'Emergency'
There it is.

Mina calls him when she hears Jay knocking on the door a second time.
She's holding her phone onto her right ear while her eyes are on the door the whole time.

„Can he not pick up already?", she whispers in anger making sure Jay won't hear her complain.

„The number you're trying to reach is curre-"
She hangs up the phone with a mad but scared expression at the same time.

Why would he tell me to call for help if he's not gonna pick up?

She looks back to the door and hears no noises coming from behind it.
Jay is either gone or pretending to be gone.

Choosing the safest option she takes slow steps upstairs trying to not make any noise.
She finally gets to her room and closes the door behind her, locking it.

The atmosphere feels safer and Mina's hoping Jay won't try to break in or something.

She decides to text Kayoung to tell her about Jay trying to talk to her again. Kayoung reads her text immediately and gives her a call. It surprises her but she picks up.

„Oh my god, Mina, is he still there?", Mina hears Kayoung ask through the phone in an extremely worried tone.

„I'm not sure but I didn't hear him anymore and now I'm in my room.", Mina replies, explaining the situation a bit better than she did in the text message.

„I should hang up now. Even though I'm in my room I'm still scared he could hear me.", she adds. „I was just telling you because I didn't know what else to do and just so you know about it.

„Oh okay, just make sure to keep your door locked at all times.", Kayoung advises her before saying bye.

Heeseung dodges the punch and gets the guy on the floor holding a gun to his head.

„This is your last warning. Transfer the money to the account or this bullet lands through your skull.", Heeseung demands the guy that's sitting on the floor in front of him.

The man looks up at Heeseung before getting out his phone from his pocket with his hands shaking.

A couple of minutes pass and Heeseung hasn't moved the gun from the man's head even an inch.

The fearful man shows the phone screen to Heeseung by stretching out his phone.
„I transferred the money."

Heeseung checks carefully before putting the gun away and getting his phone out.

After sending his boss a text message saying „Done." Heeseung leaves the building as fast as he possibly can.

He finally gets to his small apartment and runs to the bathroom. Taking off his shirt he checks the stab wound at his abdomen. Luckily it isn't too deep.

He groans as he tries his best to treat it with rubbing alcohol before putting a bandage around his waist to cover up the injury the man had caused.