chapter 11.

7 P.M. - Sunday

It's a typical Sunday evening. Mina made herself tea to relax on the last day of the week before school starts again.

She keeps thinking about what happened just two days ago. She was at the mall with Kayoung but ended up with a random key.

She turns her head to look at it. The key on the kitchen table she hasn't touched since she had put it there.

What lock could it possibly belong to?

The question doesn't leave her mind after Heeseung had been looking at the key so eagerly. He seemed like he needed it immediately.

Mina just took the key with her after he left the store and now she has no idea what to do next.

Giving it back to him was her first thought but she doesn't know what she could possibly cause.

Kayoung also told her to take it home until something happens. So she'll just stick with that for now.

She takes a sip of her tea when her phone suddenly starts ringing, making her jump.
It says 'Emergency' so she hesitates to pick up at first but decides to do it anyway.

„Hello?", Heeseung's voice on the other line.
„Hi.", Mina replies.

„Mina, I wanted to ask you if you wanted to go get a meal together. Like, tomorrow maybe?", she can't tell if he sounds genuine or not.

„Uh, may I ask why?", she asks him, interested in wanting to know what suddenly made him want to meet up with her.

„Well, you know, I don't have many friends and you're one of the few people I want to be closer with. You just seem cool to hang with, that's all.", he replies. It's strange to her that he's switching up like this.

But the 'not having many friends' part genuinely made her feel bad.
„Sure! I have school until 2 though." Mina informs him.

„That's fine. Can I pick you up at 5 at your house then?", he asks in which she replies with a simple yes.

„Okay, see you then!" She hears Heeseung say on the other line before hanging up.

What makes him call me all of a sudden?
He never seemed to even consider you a friend?

Mina goes upstairs holding her phone in one hand and her cup of tea in the other. There's still some homework she has to finish that's due tomorrow.

She clicks on one of her playlists on her phone while cleaning her desk before getting to her work.

8 A.M. - Monday

Mina just put down her bag and sits down for her first class. Kayoung is sitting on her right.

„I'm meeting up with Heeseung today. The guy I spent the night at once.", she informs her best friend.
„He just randomly called me and asked if we could hang out."

„Really? Maybe he likes you!", she says, smiling.

Mina looks at her. „You think so?", she asks for reassurance, tilting her head. „He wants to piss off Jay too every chance he gets. About that!" She raises her finger.
„I don't get why but Jay seems to really make him mad."