chapter 14.

„Hey, Ethan."

Kayoung is slowly approaching the bed Heeseung is lying on. She can tell he's drunk just by the look on his face.

He slowly turns his head, giving her a half-hearted glance, before allowing it to fall back onto the pillow, his eyes shutting in response.

Kayoung sits down beside him and takes the bottle from his hand, placing it on the bedside table. She looks at him, a slight smirk forming on her lips as she notices the unmistakable scent of alcohol on his breath.

"You're drunk, aren't you?" she remarks, raising an eyebrow.

Heeseung merely shrugs his shoulders, his gaze drifting lazily towards the ceiling, his eyes barely open. He becomes aware of her hand gently clasping his, inching closer to him with each moment.

Simultaneously, she leans in closer to his face, their eyes locking.

"Again?" he utters, a smirk forming on his lips.

Kayoung playfully rolls her eyes, creating some distance between them as backs away.
„No, you're drunk.", she exclaims and gets up from the bed when he grabs her palm, pulling her to him.

Sitting back on the bed, her eyes widen in surprise as she gazes at him. It shocks her but she would be lying if she said she doesn't like it.
„Ethan!"

„Where are you going?", Heeseung mutters, rubbing her hand with his thumb softly.
Kayoung smiles in response.

In a bold move, he pulls her into a kiss, his hand delicately tucking a stray strand of her hair behind her ear. She can't help but give in and goes on top of him to sit on his lap.

To their luck, no one is waiting on either of them or wanting to be in the room to disturb their intimate moment.

Mina mindlessly flicks through her gallery, desperate for a distraction from her boredom. After hanging out with Kayoung she remembered the fun moments she had filmed while they were together.

Scrolling further she stumbles across a screenshot of a chat between her and Jay.
It was a sweet birthday message he had written for her on her 18th birthday.

She can't help but read it again after months and catches herself smiling at it.
Being in a toxic relationship doesn't stop her from missing the happy memories they had.

Lost in her thoughts, she scrolls through more photos and videos. From the moments making her smile they made her cry in a matter of just five minutes.

What's wrong with me?
I was happy he's gone.

Shutting her phone off, Mina goes to the bathroom to splash cold water on her face that had turned red and hot from crying.

Staring at her reflection in the mirror, she scolds herself in her thoughts for missing somebody that hurt her.

Don't cry. What are you, a loser?
You broke up with him.
Not the other way around.

Trying her best to pull herself together, Mina walks back to her room to give Kayoung a call.

Despite the fact that they just seperated, Mina hesitates but reaches for her phone anyway, craving the comfort of someone, and Kayoung happens to be that person.