𝙠𝙤𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙗𝙤𝙤

ITZY's Sora Says Goodbye To The National Volleyball Team After 2 Years

🇳​​​​​🇪​​​​​🇼​​​​​🇸​​​​​                                                       🇰​​​​​🇴​​​​​🇷​​​​​🇪​​​​​🇦​​​​​🇧​​​​​🇴​​​​​🇴​​​​​

                                                              🇦​​​​​🇺​​​​​🇬​​​​​🇺​​​​​🇸​​​​​🇹​​​​​ 25, 2019

ITZY's Moon Sora signs off as the libero of the South Korean national volleyball team in her last game.

In 2018, Sora was introduced as the new libero of the South Korean national volleyball team. She was the former libero of the Australian Under-18 National's Volleyball Team for 2 years after being transferred to Korea. She played with her new team for almost a year, competing against different national teams during the 2018 Asian Games, and against the international teams during the 2018 FIVB Volleyball Women's World Championships and the 2018 FIVB Volleyball Women's Nation League.

Then in 2019, she stopped playing because of her preparations for her debut as an idol. She was absent from the team's activities for 3 months before coming back.  Right after her promotions, she went back to training with the national team.

Her last game happened this August 18-25 for the 2019 Asian Women's Volleyball Championships. She and the team played against different Asian groups where they placed 3rd in the overall standing, with Japan taking 1st and Thailand taking 2nd place.

What a way to end her career with volleyball as she wins Best Libero for the championships. As she gives her speech, she mentioned why she is leaving the team.

"I would like to thank everyone for watching, first of all. Second, thank you for all of the support you've given my team and me. All of your cheers of support and encouragement have made me go through it all without breaking down. Sadly, this is my last game with the national team as I would like to focus on my studies and my career with ITZY. I hope people would understand why I made this decision. I wish for the bright future of the national team. I'll still watch you guys and support you all throughout. Thank you!"

After the game, she was interviewed by a sports channel asking her why she made her decision.

"I think I would say that I like to look ahead. Sure, people could say I have skills but there are others who could do better than me. The national team is a developing team, they are always looking for people with the skills to bring up the value of the country's talent in sports."

A lot of fans and celebrities also came to watch Sora's last game such as her parents, her ITZY members and fans, school classmates, and previous team members from Australia. Even more surprising are her seniors in the K-pop community who are also present in the audience such as GOT7, TWICE, Stray Kids, The Boyz, SEVENTEEN, NCT 127,  and even the 'Kings of K-pop' EXO. Sora also managed to pose with the groups after the game.

ITZY's Sora is the first volleyball player turned K-pop idol.

We will miss Korea's best libero, number 18!