21

"-oh- wow...mmm," she stutters.

"I-" she begins to say but was cut off.

"How about you answer when you're ready?" Mike suggested.

"Good idea," she says, relieved.

"Mmm, so i guess we better get going, it's getting dark," Mike says.

The ride back home was by far the most awkward ride Kayleigh has been on, not a word was said, not even the radio to fill the awkward moment.

"Mmm bye, thanks for the date," she says getting out of his car, giving him a tight lipped smile.

"Yea, your welcome," he says rubbing the back of his neck before another awkward silence consumed the car. Without another word, Kayleigh closes the door, going up to her doorstep.

Without turning back, she gets into the house and closing the door behind her.

Kayleigh wanted nothing more than sleep right now.

∆∆∆

"He did what!?" Riele exclaimed, forgetting they were in the library.

"Shhhhhhh," the girl at the next table said clearly annoyed.

Kayleigh quickly apologises before turning back to her cousin.

"He did what," she whispers quietly.

"He asked me it okay,"

"And what did you say?' She asks curiously

"Well I told him I would answer him when I'm ready,"

"And what will you say?"

"I don't know, I'm just, I'm just hesitant,"

"Hesitation is a very bad sign"

"I know," she says rubbing her forehead in frustration

"Well, he's waiting," she says before getting up and placing her backpack over her shoulder. "I gotta go, I've got physiology in ten."

She grabs her bag before following out of the library to her locker.

"Did you hear, Sia is moving back," a few girls talking amongst themself.

Sia was Hunter's girlfriend, they were doing great until she had to move. That's where the problem started, Hunter was willing to do long distance, bit Sia was not. Leaving a devastated Hunter.

Her coming back had Kayleigh feeling some type of way.

Don't get it wrong, Kayleigh and Sia were really close friends. But the thought of her possibly getting back together with Hunter made her feel a way she couldn't explain.

She shook of the feeling before continuing with her journey to her locker.

It's just a rumor

It's just a rumor she kept repeating to herself.

∆∆∆

"Are the rumours true? Is Sia really moving back?" Riele asks the question that has been on Kayleigh's mind all afternoon.

"Yeah," Hunter says monotonously

"Who's Sia?" A confused Alicia asks

"Hunter's ex girlfriend who left him heartbroken," Riele answered before Hunter could even open his mother.

∆∆∆

"So?" Kayleigh asks turning to Hunter.

"What," Hunter asks cluelessly.

"Are you happy that Sia is moving back?" she asks him.

"Are you not?" he asks with a brow raised.

"No," she says a little too quickly.

"Exactly," he says before backing out of the parking spot.

"So your excited?" I clarified with a brow raised, getting a mmhm in reply.

"So are you planning on getting back together?" I asked him

"I mean I don't know, Sia and I only broke up because she had to move, but then again it's been years," he says.

That sentence made a lump form on Kayleigh's throat, she quickly blinks back the tear before looking out the window.

And in that moment, Kayleigh realised she liked Hunter

No, I can't like Hunter, he doesn't like me, I'm only a sister to him unlike Sia who's not just a sister to him. Kayleigh thought to herself.

Gosh I can't like Hunter Kayleigh thought to herself

"Are you okay," Hunter asks

"Yeah, why?" Kayleigh asks snapping out of it

"Because I pulled up your driveway a while ago," he says with a look of concern.

"Right," she says before quickly grabbing her backpack and getting out of the car and racing up her driveway.

"You okay!?" Hunter asks sticking his head out the window

"Yeah, bye!" she quickly said before getting into the house and closing the door.

I can't like Hunter Kayleigh thought to herself.

Before she could stop herself she called Mike

He answered after the second ring "wassup?" he says

"Yes," she says into the phone

"What?" A confused Mike says into the phone.

"Yes," she repeated. "I'll be your girlfriend."

A/N wassup cuties❤️🖤Hope y'all are safe 🥺😣🖤❤️

Hope y'all are safe 🥺😣🖤❤️

Okay so ive been getting a lot of questions and comments on Kayleigh and Jacob's relationship.
No they were not dating, there were no feelings. They were friends with benefits.
Happy Africa Day

Please check out my new book •Ambivalence•🥺🥺
Don't forget to vote, comment and share🥺🖤🖤