9

Hunter

"Man, I don't get why you pissed, it's a good thing that Leigh is dating, everyone needs a little action," Mason says still concentrated on the game he was playing.

"No, she doesn't need a boyfriend!" Hunter says pausing the game.

"Why are you so against this man?" Dom asks from the couch.

"Because-... because I am supposed to be the most important guy in her life, she doesn't need some... some stranger, I can be there to do whatever!" Hunter exclaims.

"Man, you like her," Zach says bluntly.

He let out a laugh, "of course I like her, in fact i love her, she's my best friend."

"No man, I get it now, you are jealous that she is giving some other guy her attention because you like like her," Dom says with smirk.

He laughs denying it," No, Leigh is like my little sister,"

"Man your just in denial, we can all see  how you look at her, and don't get me started on how you look at her when she's with another guy," Zach says, the other boys nodding in agreement.

"Yeah, especially Jacob," Mason says with a smirk.

"Whatever man, let's continue the game," he says resuming the game.

They are wrong, I don't like Kayleigh, she's my best friend, and will only ever be my best friend. He thought to himself.

∆∆∆

"There's a party after the game today, y'all coming?" Zach asks the two girls as they are their lunch.

"Duh," the girls said at the same time.

"Though I don't get why y'all's already planning a party like y'all already won, don't count your eggs until they hatch," Kayleigh says before eating her salad.

"Oh come on, where's your school spirit, we are going to win," Dom says.

"Yeah, plus the Tigers are the worst team, we beat them every season." Mason says pridefully.

"Are y'all coming right after the game?"  Zach asks.

"Nah, we are going to Leigh's place to get changed and look gooood," Riele says.

"So we'll meet you there?" Dom asks, turning to his girl.

"Yeah," she replies before stuffing her face with a burrito.

The group was talking and laughing when Jacob came up to the table which caused them to quiet down and Hunter to grimace.

"Wassupp Jay?" Kayleigh asks, looking up at him.

"Hey beautiful," he says with a boyish grin. "I was wondering if we could talk  for a second."

"Sure," she says with a smile.

"Privately," he says looking around the table.

"Okay," she says getting up.

As the pair left the table, the boys noticed Hunter crushing his water bottle.

"Dude, your crushing the bottle," Dom says taking the bottle from his grip.

"Bro what's your deal?" Riele asks confused.

"He likes Leigh," Zach says munching on his fries.

Riele's face lights up. "Oh my goshhhhhh!" She shouts excitedly. "You've got to tell her,"