Eighteen

Jimin

I stretched my arms above my head and my eyes followed Hana walk around muttering to herself. I had been laying on the bed for over an hour as she spoke to herself and every time I tried to speak, she lifted her hand cutting me off.

There was no reason for me to be here because no one broke into Kris' estate and even if they did, they'd be dead before they took three steps. Kris was a dangerous vampire and even more so with who he had on his side. I was glad that he was like a father to us and he respected my brothers and me. If not, then we would be having more problems than just our father.

"Jimin," Hana said looking at me with wide eyes, "I don't think it's right!"

I frowned, "What do you mean?"

"It doesn't add up, Jimin. Nothing adds up and I think it is going to get worse," Hana shook her head, her hair shaking around her face, "Something is wrong,"

"You are making no sense, Hana,"

"Nothing makes sense!" She exclaimed, "You need to get back to Nari right now!"

I sat up and tilted my head, "Why?"

"Because I know something is wrong. She is in trouble,"

"Hana, she is-"

"In trouble! She's in trouble!"

"Are you-"

"Stop asking me fucking questions and get your fucking ass home! Now!"

I jumped off the bed and nodded, "Don't fucking move. Got it?"

As I was running down the stairs, Jin intercepted me and grabbed the back of my jacket.

"It's too late," He said.

"What is? Is Nari...is she gone?" I whispered tears brimming in my eyes.

"No. She is still alive, brother. But I'm not sure for how much longer," Jin said, "Come with me. Our brothers are at home going through what can be done to bring them back."

"Them? What the hell do mean by them?"

Jin sighed, "We don't have time to talk. Let's go,"

The silence was so heavy it could have been cut with a butter knife.

The body that had been nailed to our front door had similar features to Nari but her naked body was sliced to pieces. Blood covered every inch of her body and her eyes had been torn out of their sockets, dropped onto the floor by her feet. The chunk missing from her neck was one of the obvious signs that Daewon had brutally murdered this innocent woman. The bastard probably tore her neck out with his fangs while she was screaming in pain and for help.

Even when he engraved his message across her torso...she was most likely alive.

I swallowed the bile now rising in my throat and I turned my back on the woman, closing my eyes trying to erase the image from my memory. Unfortunately, it was something that could never be unseen.

"I didn't know he was here," Darcy whispered, tears running down her cheeks as she stared at the body, "I didn't smell him. I couldn't smell anything. This is my fault,"

"It isn't your fault," Yoongi said, "Our father is more powerful than you could ever imagine,"

"I could have stopped this!" Darcy screamed and turned around to face Yoongi, her eyes now turned black, "I could have helped them!"

"Darcy," Jin spoke softly and Darcy's bottom lip trembled, "I believe you could have put up a good fight but our father would have killed you as well after he played with your body,"

"At least Namjoon would have escaped!" She cried, "Nari w-would still be h-here and s-so would Hoseok! I can't live without them! I can't live without Namjoon! If he dies then my life no longer matters,"

I swallowed the lump in my throat and dropped to my knees in front of her, hugging her tightly. I felt her tense and refused to hug me back, but it was a good sign that she didn't push me away. Darcy was never one for physical contact and the only one who was allowed to touch her was Namjoon. But even then it was a struggle for him sometimes.

"Namjoon wouldn't be able to live without you either," I whispered, rubbing her hair softly, "No one could live without each other. If one of us dies, then we all die."

"But Nari is-"

"She is alive. And so is Hoseok and Namjoon. You feel it as well. He is hurting but he is alive!"

"What do I do?" She whimpered, "What can I do to make it up to you? I let her get taken from under my nose and-"

"Enough," I snapped, "Stop blaming yourself. Instead of feeling sorry for yourself, get your ass up and think about how we can get them back in one piece,"

Darcy nodded and wiped her eyes, "I'll see what I can do. I have a few people I can call favours upon. They owe me,"

"Then do that," I said getting to my feet and I looked at Yoongi, "Get your witch-thing of a mate to do some spell to track them down,"

Yoongi scoffed, "Don't let her hear you say that and she is trying but whoever helped Daewon is more powerful than her. Denyi doesn't fuck with black magic,"

"Can we do something with the body please?" Jungkook asked quietly and we looked at him, still staring at her, "Please?"

"I have someone on the way to make her more comfortable. Jungkook look at me," Jin said and Jungkook managed to take his eyes away from her, "I want you to go back to Hana. She will need you,"

"But I want to help,"

"You are no good to us right now," Yoongi said, "Hana is your main priority. Go."

Jungkook hesitated but nodded, "Make sure he never comes back again. Make him suffer for everything that he has done."

"You won't need to worry about that," I said, clenching my fists, "I have a few things I need to do to...wait, did you say black magic?"

Yoongi lifted his eyebrow, "Yes. Why?"

"I might know someone who can help us out," I said looking over at Jin, whose eyes flashed with anger, "I know you don't like this but what else can I do? We have no choice. Please, Jin. This is the only way,"