Twenty-Seven

It had been a long week and trying to push the uneasiness aside was a struggle. I could tell that it wasn't just me who felt like that. Hana was constantly on edge and not able to sit still. Denyi was always pacing up and down, throwing mini fireballs up and down in the palm of her hand. And Darcy...well, she was struggling to stay in her human form and most of the time she walked around as a wolf. Huffing and growling at anyone that went near her, apart from Namjoon and the girls.

"This has to stop!" Darcy said strolling into my bedroom with no clothes on, "Yes. I'm naked. What the fuck is your point?"

"I wasn't going to say anything," Hana mumbled.

"Good. I was going to get clothes but I shifted back unexpectedly," She said and grabbed a dressing gown of mine, "Wow. This is small,"

"Yes, well we can't all be tall!" I said, "I have a larger dressing gown in the wardrobe for occasions like this,"

"Thanks," Darcy said ditching my dressing gown for the one that fit her, "This still has the tags on,"

"I brought it for you the other day," I said and I saw her cheeks turn pink.

"Oh...thank...thank you," She said wrapping it tightly around her body, trying not to smile, "So...does anyone know why we are the only ones to feel like this because it is starting to piss me off. I'm fed up of being in my wolf form or at least shifting without me choosing to,"

"I've spoken to Jin," Denyi said, "He doesn't know and I have even gone to a witch I know but she has no idea either. I'm starting to think that we are going crazy. What do you think preggo?"

Hana rolled her eyes, "I'm not sure. Do you think it has anything to do with my having a baby?"

Everyone looked at me expectantly.

"No. The feeling would be different and Hana would be having signs of labour. She is still at least a month away so it can't be that," I said, "I'm trying to figure out what it is and I'm drawing a blank,"

"Maybe it is because we are really good friends and being empathic?" Darcy said, "We all know how stressed Hana is."

"That...that could be the reason," Denyi said, "That sounds more logical than what I was thinking,"

"What were you thinking?" Hana asked, "I'm curious now,"

"That something awful was going to happen and your baby was sending us warning signs to get out of the house and go into hiding," She said, "And now you see why I didn't want to say anything.  Maybe I'm lacking something in my diet,"

"Probably dick," Hana laughed making us shake our heads, "What? Yoongi is always sleeping and she is in a mood. It has to be a lack of sex,"

"Then that could be said about me...and Nari," Darcy said, "I can't remember the last time I stayed in my human form long enough to have sex. And well, Jimin hasn't been strong enough to get it on. Prepare yourself, Nari,"

"Actually," I said, "Denyi might have a point,"

"What?" They all said in unison.

"Hear me out, ok?" I said, scooting forward on my bed, "There have been cases, cases long before we were born, where a vampires baby has powers of some sort. Don't look at me like I am insane. I am only talking facts here."

"Ok," Denyi said, "So Hana's unborn child is powerful and conscious about what is going on?"

"No. The baby could be feeding on Hana's emotions and it could be something in the air as well," I said, "I know this sounds completely insane but I read about this while I was studying. A mother managed to escape an attack from vampire hunters because her baby warned her. The mother wasn't sure what was going on but she turned and ran away from where she was heading. When she looked over her shoulder she saw hunters step around the corner."

"Yeah," Darcy said, "I would rather pretend we are empathetic with Hana's worries than think about her baby trying to warn us about something."

"Although it would help us out," Denyi said, "You've seen Charmed right? I'm pretty sure one of the sister's baby's protected her and the others. So, it is believable."

"That is a TV programme," Darcy said.

"And we are something out of a storybook," Hana laughed and rubbed her tummy, "I like to think that my baby is looking out for us. The only problem is, why? What is out there to hurt us and what do we need a warning about?"

"It could be anything," I said, "Demons, a missed period, becoming fertile or being torn limb from limb by the assholes locked up,"

"I'd rather be fertile," Darcy muttered under her breath.

"I'm just throwing ideas out there," I sighed, "But I also think we shouldn't overthink this. I personally don't want to worry Hana anymore than she already is."

Darcy grunted in pain and quickly yanked the dressing gown off before it tore shifting. We looked at her, feeling bad and she huffed, sitting down.

"It could be anything," Hana said, looking at us all, "But the torn limb from limb made my baby kick me hard in the ribs,"

"Great," Denyi said, "Now we just have to wait to be attacked and I am not good at the waiting game. Trust me,"

"I don't think anyone is," I said, "I think we should tell the others. So they are prepared."

"Be prepared to be locked up for insanity," Denyi said, "They are going to think we are insane."

"We need to be more careful now anyway," I said heading to my bedroom door, "Hana is due in a month and it is...a lovely day to look forward to,"

"You don't have to protect me," Hana said, "I know what can happen. I've spoken to people and childbirth can be dangerous. Especially for someone like me,"

"I'm sorry. I didn't want this conversation to be all doom and gloom,"

"I know. Sometimes it is better to hear the truth," Hana said and sent me a smile, "But just as you said, my baby is a gift and I will treasure that thought and my baby. Now, lets go convince those males that we aren't insane and that something bad is going to happen,"