Twenty-Three

I giggled as Jimin wrapped his arms around my waist from behind and kissed the base of my neck, "Stop it. We will get caught,"

"I don't care," Jimin said in my ear.

"I do," I said turning in his arms, "If my dad catches you in my room he will rip your fangs out,"

Jimin laughed, "I will just grow them back. No one is home anyway. You told me they were going out for a few hours,"

"Yes I know but-"

"Then don't worry so much, Nari," Jimin said kissing my nose, "It's fun knowing that someone could walk through the front door at any moment. Let me just enjoy this before I have to go back to that place,"

"Jimin," I asked, putting my hand on his face, "Will I ever get to meet your father?"

Jimin's face flushed with anger and he forced a smile, "No. That monster doesn't deserve to be in such an angelic presence. It's better you stay away from that part of my life. You have met my brothers, isn't that more than enough?"

I smiled, "If that is what you want then I am happy. Your brothers seem more-"

"Shh," He said kissing me gently, "Less talking and more kissing,"

"You're lucky I love you," I grinned throwing my arms around his neck.

"I love you too babe. Now kiss me already,"

I blinked my tears away and looked at the faces sleeping on the sofa next to my bed. I wasn't sure how long Taehyung and Darcy had been there, but they were still covered in blood and dirt. I wanted to call their names but my voice was still gone.

At least I could move my head. That was better than being an empty vessel. I had plenty of time to try to figure out what Daewon had done to me but my thoughts were of Jimin. The sight of the steel beam protruding from Jimin's chest was something that would stay with me until the very day I died.

And that moment in time, I wish I had died. I had no reason to live without the one I loved. He was everything to me and I needed him. Jimin had always been the reason why I kept on going and he was the reason why my heart thumped in my chest. There was nothing like the feeling of your heart skipping a beat seeing or hearing the name of the one you loved.

If Jimin was gone then I knew I wasn't going to cope.

No one had told me anything. They had whisked him off to another room and that was the last I had heard. I didn't know if he was dead or alive. If we had bonded then I would know. I would be in more pain than I was if he had died.

Warm tears dropped down the side of my face and I bit into my lip to stop them from falling more.

"Let it out," I heard Yoongi's voice in my head and my heart dropped into my stomach, "I know I made you jump but you need to cry. Never hold that shit it. It only makes it worse. Take it from someone who knows,"

"What am I going to do without him? No one will tell me anything,"

"They don't want to worry you. You need to heal as well, Nari. Your life is just as important,"

"It isn't worth living if Jimin isn't here beside me,"

"Enough of that shit, Nari. I've been there and trust me, you don't want to go down that path. Jimin will make it out of this because he is strong. He has you to come back to. Do you honestly think that my brother will give up on you? The love of his life? The one he finally got back in his life?"

"No,"

"Then shut the fuck up before I come down there and punch you in the fucking face,"

"You'd punch me?"

"Well...no but I'd think about it. I'd never hit a woman in the face unless she was attacking me but that is beside the point. You are healing, slowly, but you are healing. We are doing everything we can to make this right," Yoongi said, "That bitch Crystal is dying a slow and painful death. And Daewon is wrapped in chains covered in that serum you made. He is powerless but we are doing our best to find out what he has done,"

"It wasn't just him. There was someone other than Crystal. A witch,"

"What did she look like?"

"A stupid queen. She was tall, much taller than Namjoon and Jungkook. Her hair was so black and it was long but looked stupidly healthy,"

"Is that it?"

"No, sorry. She was quite pale and...why am I telling you what she looks like when you can just read my mind?"

"I didn't want to do it without permission but since you just gave me permission, I'll talk to you in a moment,"

I took a deep breath and saw Taehyung begin to wake up. He blinked away his sleep and stretched his arms above his head, yawning widely.

"Nari!" He said jumping to his feet, "How long have you been awake? Are you ok and why am I asking these questions? You can't answer back,"

I felt my bottom lip trembled and he sighed, putting his hand on my cheek, rubbing this thumb across my cheekbone.

"Jimin will be ok," He said, "He might be the shortest of brothers, but he is strong. He will never leave you behind. Ever. He loves you more than anything in the world,"

Taehyung wiped a few of my tears away and Yoongi's voice made my heart drop once again.

"Sorry I didn't talk to you sooner. I know what she looks like and Denyi said it isn't good news. For her anyway, you will be ok. She said she knows how to make you move again. Hang tight, shorty. We are coming down,"

"Not like I can move anyway,"

A few minutes later, Yoongi pushed through the door followed by Denyi and everyone else, apart from Jimin.

"Yoongi told us you were awake," Jin said, "I'm hoping you are feeling better and I know this is easier said than done, but try not to worry about Jimin. He will pull through this. I do know that much, ok? But for now, we need to focus on bringing you back to full health,"

"Hey, Nari," Denyi said walking to my side, "This isn't going to be pleasant, so please still be my friend once I'm done with you. Ok? Cool. I suppose we should get started. Boys, if you strap her to the bed I'll get everything ready,"