Twenty-Four

I never wanted to go through that again.

My whole body was drenched in sweat and I stared at how pale my skin had become. Blood still dripped from my nose every now and then and I dabbed it away with a tissue. It had been 2 days since Denyi had strapped me to the bed to cast that spell and I was still hurting.

Behind me stood Taehyung who was drinking blood, I say drinking lightly. He was downing glasses in seconds and I get guilt rush through my body. I looked back at my reflection and sighed.

"Are you sure I can't do anything for you?" I asked.

"I'm good. The blood is helping me. Are you ok?" He said with a smile.

"I feel guilty for being like that," I said quietly and I looked at the floor.

I heard Taehyung sigh and he lifted my face with his finger, "Don't feel guilty, Nari. I volunteered to help you and you are on the move again. Please don't think too much about it,"

"I could have killed you!" I said, tears brimming in my eyes, "I could have-"

"But you didn't. Ok, so that hurt like a bitch but it was worse for you. The screaming and begging for Denyi to stop was horrible. I wanted to help you and I'm glad I did. I didn't just do it for you. I did it for my brother. If Jimin knew that no one helped you through that then...well, I wouldn't know what he would do,"

I nodded and he squished my cheeks firmly, "You can stop that now,"

"Get some rest. We will wake you if we hear anything new about Jimin,"

I barely slept and when I did, all I could think about was sitting at Jimin's graveside begging for him to come back to me. I woke with tears streaming down my face and really? Everything fucking sucked.

There was a knock on the door and a few seconds later Hoseok stuck his head.

"Morning," He said softly, "How are you?"

I wiped my eyes and sat up, "Did you want an honest answer?"

"By how tired you look I don't think I need an answer from you. Can I come in?"

"Sure,"

Hoseok closed the door behind him and came to my bedside, "Jin has made food and he sent me up to get you. But! I wanted to talk to you before you face everyone,"

"I don't know what you want me to say," I mumbled, "I feel like shit, I look like shit and I feel guilty for hurting Taehyung,"

"Why?" Hoseok tilted his head, "He has been hurt much worse than that and by one of his own brothers,"

"Yes but you are brothers. I'm just...I don't know. I'm not thinking straight,"

"Which is understandable but you are back on your feet now. After that spell, I wasn't sure you would be walking again," Hoseok said, "It was painful to watch,"

"Denyi is powerful. More powerful than anyone could imagine. How is she doing?"

"She's ok. Yoongi is keeping a close eye on her as she wanted and we are doing the same for you,"

"Why did she do that?"

"What? save you?"

I shook my head, "No. Turn to black magic,"

"Because you are her friend and she would have given you some of her power to make you better. Look, Nari," Hoseok said, putting his hand on mine, "We are one big family and maybe sometimes we hate each other and want to tear each other apart but at the end of the day, we would do anything to protect our own. Even if it is against our own flesh and blood,"

"But-"

"And it isn't the first time one of us had a chunk ripped out from our neck," Hoseok laughed, "I remember when Hana first moved in and shortly after we forced her transition, Jungkook was too scared to go near her. She couldn't control her hunger and ended up chewing on Jimin's neck,"

"O-oh,"

"Ah," He said, patting my hand, "You weren't told that."

"It...it honestly doesn't bother me," I said, "It's hard to control your hunger when you've just changed and since she didn't grow up in the vampire community she-"

"I can see why Jimin fell in love with you," Hoseok said, "I remember when you first got together and he wouldn't shut up about you. Everyone got so annoyed but I can see why he didn't stop talking about you. You are selfless and caring and have a kind heart,"

I smiled softly, "Thank you,"

"I'm glad he has you and I'm glad that you have him," Hoseok said barely above a whisper and he shook his head, chuckling slightly, "Between you and me, I'm jealous,"

"Of what?"

"Nothing. Don't worry," He said smiling and he stood up, "I should take you down for breakfast before a search party is sent out. And by that I mean Jin. I'll let you get ready and I'll take you down,"

"I'm already dressed. I'll just put some slippers on or something," I said, swinging my legs out of bed, "Hoseok, have you heard about Jimin?"

I saw his lip twitch and he nodded, "Yes. He is ok...just. But forget about that. Food first. Jimin after. You have to be starving after what you went through,"

"I want to see him,"

"Food,"

"Hoseok, please," I said following him out of my room, "I want to see him! It's been 2 days since that spell and I want to see him,"

"Which I understand but you need to have a proper meal. Food first, Jimin second,"

I stopped at the top of the stairs and folded my arms, "Did Jimin ever mention how stubborn I can be?"

Hoseok let out a long sigh at the bottom of the stairs, "No. He mostly spoke about your ass,"

"I'm sorry, what?"

"I don't want to use force but I will," He said, smirking at me, "You seem to forget that you're short and-"

"My height has nothing to do with this," I said, "I want to see Jimin first and you will take me to see him,"

Hoseok put his hands on his hips, "Are you really doing this right now?"

"It looks like it,"

"Fine. If you want to be like that, I will have to use force,"

I blinked and he was in front of me, scooping me over his shoulder. I let out a small scream of surprise and he walked me downstairs.

"Hoseok. You put me down right now!"

"I warned you," He said, "OW! Don't pinch me!"

"Then put me down,"

"Jesus woman! You women are fucking nuts!"

"Language!" I heard Hana say and Hoseok put me down.

I smacked him in the chest, "For future reference, I hate being picked up. If you ever pick me up again I will be forced to hurt you"

"Nari,"

My heart leapt into my throat and I slowly turned around, "You-what-how?"

"Hey, baby," Jimin said.

"Food first," Hoseok whispered in my ear, "Jimin second,"