Twenty-Six

Nari

"Your baby is still moving, has a healthy heartbeat and doesn't seem to be in any distress," I said, looking at her, "I understand you are worried about going into labour but I have a lot of faith in you,"

Hana nodded and twiddled her thumbs, "I just feel that something is wrong and I can't put my finger on it,"

"Are you having and pains or bleeding at all?"

"No, nothing like that," Hana said, "Nari, I feel something in my gut and it isn't hunger or indigestion. Something is wrong and I don't understand what is happening,"

"Have you spoken to Jungkook about this feeling?"

"He is so busy right now. What with Daewon and Crystal almost killing Jimin and you. Then there is the increase of demons in the city and my father is stressed which probably doesn't help me,"

"Hana," I said holding her hands, "You are his mate and if you need him, he will come. You will be having a baby soon and you need Jungkook. Every expectant mother I have met feels the same way and I do understand that your situation is slightly different because you are a dhampir, but please take a deep breath and take a step away from every bad thing that has happened."

"Will I be a good mum?" Hana whispered, "It's just that I never had a great relationship with mine as you are well aware but-"

"Your grandmother was a good enough role model for you, was she not?" I said with a smile and Hana nodded, "You are going to be a fantastic mum and deep down you know that. Of course, you have been through hell but look at you now. You are a strong, beautiful vampire who found the love of her life. I know for a fact that Jungkook will agree with me. Becoming a mother is scary but it is also a gift. Do you know how rare it is for a dhampir to fall pregnant?"

"I've read books. Ones that Jin gave to me. But...you are right and I need to breathe and stop stressing,"

"And don't forget that if you need anything, then you can come to me straight away or call James," I patted her hands, "Now, get yourself something to eat and if you still feel that something is wrong, come back and I can run a few more tests. However, you should trust me. The baby is very healthy considering the stress and so are you."

"Thank you, Nari," Hana said standing up, "Oh, and I'm so happy that you are well and on your feet again. I've never seen Jimin so happy before,"

I chuckled, "Go on. Get out of here and tell Jungkook to do everything for you,"

Hana smiled and sent me a nod before walking out of the door leaving me alone in the room. I leant back in my chair and ran my finger across my bottom lip.

Something had been bothering me since I got back to the house but just like Hana, I couldn't figure it out. There was nothing of imminent danger because everyone would be on high alert and Jin hadn't expressed any worries.

There was nothing in the air to make it heavy or tense, yet my body felt tense. I certainly wasn't fertile for a good few months and Crystal had no say in that anymore. Jin had shown what he had done to her and I had expected to feel disgusted at the sight of her...but instead, I laughed.

Growing up I never wished such pain on a person or vampire before but I almost hoped Jin had done more. Her eyes had been torn from her disgusting body and Jin poured salt in the empty sockets. Torture films always did make me want to vomit, but when he peeled her fingernails off I just stared feeling nothing but happiness.

I wasn't sure what was going on with my emotions but she deserved it. To be honest, I was surprised that she was still alive, although, in the back of my mind, I thought Jin wanted to keep her alive and in pain until he got bored with her. Or at least bored torturing her.

Then there was Daewon.

The vampire that wanted his sons dead. He almost succeeded and took Jimin away from me. In a way, he was probably jealous of his sons. They had a great relationship with each other despite the few arguments they had. He had nothing. No one but the siren who was dying slowly on that metal table.

Honey still hadn't spoken of the witch who had helped curse her but Denyi was breaking down her walls bit by bit. I for one did not want to get on the bad side of Denyi. As she was half-witch, she was much more powerful than a royal blooded vampire and Honey knew what would happen if she kept keeping things from her.

There was a knock on the door and Hoseok walked in.

"Are you ok?" He asked and sat down, "I saw Hana come up and wanted to check on you."

"Do you think something is wrong?"

"With you? Probably not,"

"No, not with me. Just with everything," I said, "I thought I was imagining things but I just have a bad feeling,"

Hoseok shrugged, "Everything seems ok to me. Crystal is powerless and Daewon grows weaker. What else could be wrong?"

"I'm not sure but Hana feels the same,"

"Maybe because the baby is due soon. Female vampires tend to get uneasy closer to the due date."

"Yes, but it isn't that. It is a different feeling of uneasiness,"

"I thought it all felt the same,"

"I have delivered plenty of babies to know the difference," I smiled and rubbed above my heart, "I have heart palpitations and something seems off,"

"Daewon can't do anything. He is too weak to lift his own arm. So it isn't him. Crystal is powerless. Jin made sure of that," Hoseok said, "I wish I could help you out more."

"I'll be ok. Everything will be ok," I said, "I hope,"

"Or it could be because you want to bond with Jimin and the longer you wait the stronger it gets,"

I rolled my eyes, "There will be no bonding with him until he is fully healed. He thinks I'm an idiot but I saw how much pain he was in earlier."

Hoseok laughed, "Yeah, he is pretty fucked up right now,"

"I still can't believe I let you trick me," I sighed, "That was mean of you,"

"It wasn't my idea," Hoseok said, "Not all my idea that is. We thought it was a nice idea and it got you out of your room."

"I may have to get you back for that," I smiled.

Hoseok grinned, "I look forward to it."

"I am hungry though," I said standing up, "I feel too uneasy down here. Care to keep me company?"

"Of course," Hoseok said, getting to his feet, "I will escort the lovely nurse to the kitchen and if you are lucky, I'll cook you something,"

"That is why you are my favourite brother...after Jimin,"

"I'd hope he was before me," Hoseok laughed, "Honestly, I really did miss you when you left. I'd lost my best friend,"

"I'm back so don't worry," I said, "I won't be going anywhere again,"

A/N: Sorry for the slowness or lack of updates on this story. I hit a brick wall with this one but what can you do?

This will be coming to an end soon~

SO! I have a small competition for you.

QUESTION: Why do you think Hana and Nari are feeling uneasy but no one else can feel it?

If you get the answer right or close to it, then I will need your FIRST NAME (pronouns as well) and you will have a part in the next book.

Which, by the way, I already have the cover and name ready. The next brother will be having his own storyline.

P.S Is the baby a boy or girl? OoOoOhhh~

Stay weird and fierce <33