Three

By the time I got home, my boyfriend was already there and I felt my body relax when I smelt the food he was cooking. I dropped my bag on the sofa and walked the short distance to the kitchen.

"Hey," I said walking over to him. He turned to smile at me and I kissed him quickly, "I didn't expect this,"

Kain chuckled, "You've been working hard. How was work?"

I sighed and sat by the small dining table in the corner of the kitchen, "It wasn't too bad. I had a few appointments at the hospital this morning and went to see Hana at her house,"

"Oh yeah?" Kain said glancing at me before grabbing some herbs, "How is the half-breed doing?"

"Kain," I said, "Don't call her that. It's horrible,"

"Sorry, babe," He said, "I didn't mean anything by it. How is she doing? Must be hard for her,"

I nodded, "Yes. But so far she and the baby seem to be doing well. I've had to call James to help me treat her,"

"Right," He said, "Did you want to get changed ready for dinner?"

"Sure," I yawned and stood up, "Thank you,"

I slapped his butt making him laugh and walked down the hall to the bedroom. My shoulders dropped as I felt the tiredness tried to claim my body before I could eat, so I quickly changed into a pair of shorts and pulled one of Kain's shirts on. It was something I always did and I loved how baggy it was on me. Kain stood over six feet and I barely reached five feet five. My friends used to laugh every time they saw us together but I didn't care. Kain made me feel loved even when we did argue.

But I wasn't in love with him. I loved him, of course, but I could never let myself fall hard again because I didn't want to be hurt. When Jimin dumped me it felt like my body had been tossed in an ice bath and my heart had been ripped out of my chest, just to be stomped on.

Jimin had been the only one I had truly loved and when I moved, I left my broken heart with him. I managed to convince my parents to let me study as far away as I could possibly go. From that moment, I decided I was done with love and being hurt by the one man I loved with everything I had. It took a few years and some one night stands to feel like my usual self again.

But I had no idea that Hana was mated to Jimin's brother. Not until Jungkook came rushing into the room late for her appointment. We must have stared at each other for a few seconds before greeting each other. My goodness was it awkward and bless Hana. She was so confused and thought that Jungkook and I were dating as teens. I couldn't help but laugh. I explained briefly how I knew him and she didn't ask any more questions.

I did feel bad for Hana. I read through her hospital notes from when she was human and I felt sick to the stomach. The blatant abuse she suffered and the social services didn't do anything to help the poor girl. I then found out about her mother's boyfriend and I had to excuse myself from the room to cry. An 8-year-old girl should never experience that and neither should a woman. Yoongi was the brother to help calm down and he explained that the man wasn't human and Hana got her revenge. Then, of course, her mother.

I almost thanked Darcy for ridding her of her mother but that would have been inappropriate of me and I didn't want to tread on anyone's toes. I especially didn't want to upset Hana at such a stressful time and she was such a sweet girl. She was always helping the brothers, with cleaning or cooking and sometimes talking in-depth with Yoongi. Of course, whenever someone made their appearance, they would stop talking and pretend they weren't talking. Hana had a lovely relationship with everyone and seeing her and Jungkook so happy, made me happy that she finally had a chance for a normal life.

I was jealous. I wasn't scared to admit that. 

When I dated Jimin, we were always talking about what we were going to do as we got older and what we were going to name our children. I could only see him in the future. He was the only man I would ever want to spend the rest of my life with and that chance was taken away from me. I didn't give Jimin the chance to explain the reason why he got Taehyung to dump me over text. I just ran. 

I wanted the tension between us to go. We used to be good friends and we both lost that.

We lost each other.

During dinner, Kain was chatting about work and I laughed when he laughed but really, I wasn't paying attention. Kain loved the sound of his own voice and to be honest, I didn't blame him. He had a voice that caught the attention of many and not to mention his good looks. Kain was a charmer but he always made me feel welcome at his work parties. When the women tried to hit on him or talk down to me, he put them in their place and never left my side. He included me in his conversations with colleagues and asked how I was when I hadn't said anything for a while.

Kain was the perfect man.

He just wasn't the perfect one for me.

I helped him wash up and we watched a film, snuggled up on the sofa before heading to bed.

Kain was always quick to fall asleep so I normally laid in bed staring at the ceiling going over what happened during the day. On a good day, I'd fall asleep in an hour but I guess this wasn't one of those nights.

A/N: Don't forget to vote and comment.

The name I picked for THIS book is~

jamesxan

I have already picked the names for the next books and they are:

kitty_bangtan120

francisadlin

El-Klause

Stay weird <3