Four

By the time lunchtime came, I was ready to drop. I had a few appointments with human females and then I was rushed into an emergency delivery. The moment I stepped foot in the hospital I was busy. I skipped breaks to make sure I saw all my patients before lunch.

Thankfully, James told me he would drive to where Hana lived so I could rest. I hadn't slept well, I didn't have my daily intake of blood vampires needed and I was running on empty. I just hoped Jin had visited the block band so I could take some.

I wasn't looking forward to going to where Hana was and tried to convince Jungkook to bring her to the hospital but that didn't work. It was like talking to a brick wall. Jungkook said it was too dangerous for her to be out of the house because the number of demons had increased and she was a target. It had been years and years since a dhampir had lived and survived. Many don't get to see their vampire years because the human part of them won't let it happen.

Hana was the key to destroying clans of vampires and the only vampire to walk in the sun without a protective charm. If I was in her position, I'd lock myself away and never see anyone again. But she was very brave and I admired her for that.

James cleared his throat and I looked at him, "Do you always get a welcome party like this?"

I looked towards the house and frowned, "No. I wonder what is wrong,"

I climbed out of the car and James followed me to where the brothers were standing. They didn't look happy and Jungkook was biting his nails.

"Is everything ok?" I asked and Yoongi scoffed, "I will take that as a no,"

"Ignore him," Jin said, "We are very tense right now,"

I sniffed the air, "Oh I see. Darcy has reached her wolf's fertile time. Where is Namjoon?"

"Sedated and chained to a chair," Jimin said with a shrug, "The girls have managed to give Darcy a sedative as well,"

"What happened with Namjoon?"

Jimin sighed, "He lost his sanity when Darcy's scent changed and Hoseok sneezed and Namjoon tried to kill him. Obviously thought Hoseok was going to her,"

"Wow. Does anyone need medical attention?"

"I'm healed. Just about. But thank you," Hoseok smiled, "An unmated male in a relationship is bad. But I think Namjoon makes it worse,"

"Can I ask why they haven't mated? Do they not love each other?"

"I can ask you the same thing about your boyfriend, Nari," Jimin said.

"That is none of your business, Jimin,"

"Then this is none of yours,"

I nodded and smiled, "Of course. Then you should stay away from me because I am here for Hana and Jungkook. And that is none of your business. Now, get out of my way. I have work to do,"

I blew on my coffee and stared at the paperwork in front of me. James was scrolling through the computer talking to himself and then chuckling. I had to smile because it was always fun working with him. Sometimes I thought he forgot he was around people, either that or the voices in his head drowned everyone else out.

"Ok, ok," He muttered to himself, "Let me see what we have here,"

I turned the page over and sighed. I couldn't concentrate. Jimin was still on my mind and it frustrated me. I couldn't decide if I wanted to scream out or cry. For as long as I had known him, he had never snapped or raised his voice at me. I guess it was my own fault for wanting to know his family's business.

"I see what the problem is here," James said and then he left the room.

"Bye?" I said, rolling my eyes and a few seconds later the door opened, "That was quick,"

"What was?"

My heart skipped a beat and I looked up at Jimin, closing the door. He ran his hand through his hair and I wanted to punch myself for getting excited at such a simple gesture.

"Can I help you?" I asked, quickly turning my attention away from him, "I'm busy,"

"I want to talk," He said, "If you'll let me talk to you,"

"I can't control anything that you do, Jimin," I said, "This is your house,"

"True, but this is your space and I don't want to get in the way of your work," He shrugged and I sighed, "I take that as a yes,"

"Yes," I said, "You can sit down,"

"Thanks," He said dropping onto the seat next to me, "I came to apologise,"

"For what? I was the one who shouldn't have asked about your family's business,"

"Nari, I shouldn't have spoken to you like that. You were only asking and you had every right to do so," He scratched his nose and leaned forward on his knees, "Look, I...I should treat you with more respect. You are here to look after my baby brothers mate and I've not been very welcoming,"

"It's ok,"

"Shit," He laughed slightly, "That brings back memories,"

I smiled, "Can I ask you something?"

"Anything,"

"Why haven't you tried to find someone instead of sleeping around?" I asked.

"I have told you why,"

"I understand that but you could have tried,"

Jimin folded his arms and rested his foot on his knee, "I don't think we work the same, Nari. It was hard to move on or even think about someone else,"

"You think it was easy for me?"

"Yes or you wouldn't have a boyfriend,"

"This is ridiculous," I sighed, "Just say what you want to. You seem to forget that I can read you like a book, Jimin,"

Jimin smirked slightly, "I did forget. Ok. I'll come out with it. I hate your boyfriend and I hate that he gets to spend time with you. I hate how he puts his hands on you, how he gets to kiss you and how he gets to fuck you,"

I swallowed hard as he stood up.

"And do you want to know the reason why I haven't found out who he is and ripped his throat out?"

Jimin's strong scent of chocolate slapped me across the face as he stepped towards me, caging me between his arms on the chair I was almost glued to.

"Is because you would hate me for it," He said quietly, "I can't take someone away when they are so in love, Nari. And trust me. I could snap with ease knowing what he does to you but I won't make your life as miserable as mine. You deserve someone who has treated you properly from the start. I can't take the guy you love from-"

"I...I'm not in love with him," I whispered without thinking and Jimin's eyes turned a deep shade of red, his scent warming the exposed skin on my arm.

"Nari," He said, huskily, "You shouldn't have told me that,"

A/N: When I was reading through this chapter, I realised that half of it had disappeared.

I don't remember what else was there so I just added what popped into my head.

Don't forget to vote and comment.

Stay weird <33