Chapter 5: Year Four, Spring (updated 09/10/22)

"What do you think Dumbledore's announcement is, Kendra?" Penny asked as the two of you made your way to the Great Hall

"I don't know, but I guess we'll find out soon" you replied.

You had only been back at Hogwarts for a couple of weeks and were surprised that all the students were being called to the Great Hall for an announcement.  You made your way to the Ravenclaw table and sat next to Rowan. You saw Talbott sitting a little ways down the table and offered a little smile. He smiled back, then he turned his attention to Dumbledore as he approached the podium.

"Attention, students. As you all know, Valentine's Day is coming up in a few weeks. This year we will be hosting a special event on Valentine's Day. Gilderoy Lockhart, a former Hogwarts student and renowned adventurer is passing through the area on a tour for his latest book. He has agreed to come to Hogwarts, give a guest lecture, and host a Valentine's party. In preparation for the event, your classes will all have special Valentine's related themes the week leading up to the party. We expect you all to be on your best behaviour and Professor McGonagall would like me to remind you that the improper use of magic, such as sending yourself 800 love letters, will not be tolerated and may even lead to detention."

"That sounds fun!" said Badeea.

"800 love letters? That's a lot of owls and a lot of owl poop" said Andre from down the table.

"Not the owls or love letters, a Valentine's party! I wonder if we can have dates?" you asked.

"I was hoping for something more.... fun." said Tulip.

"Valentine's Day is fun!" you said.

"I'm sure you'll be able to come up with some Valentine's themed pranks, Tulip" Badeea offered.

You laughed and then stood up from your table. Penny and Tonks ran over to meet you. "I'm so excited!" Penny squealed. "Do you think we can have dates?"

"Do you and Kendra only care about having Valentine's dates for the party? You do realize that one of the most renowned wizards is hosting the event, right?" said Rowan a bit sternly. She obviously cared more for the lecture and book launch than the romance.

"No, I don't just care about having a date, but it would make the party more fun, it is on Valentine's Day." remarked Penny.

"Hhhmppph... well it's time for class" Rowan said.

"Yes, we can discuss our dates later" you said quietly to Penny with a wink.

***

After dinner you rushed to the library to meet Rowan, Penny, Tonks, and Tulip for a study session, although it was very likely that Rowan would be the only one studying as Tonks and Tulip had pranks on the brain and you and Penny were more than likely going to be discussing the Valentine's party.