Chapter 9: Year Six, Autumn (updated: 09/10/22)

"Have a good year at school, little Aquila" said your dad as your parents dropped you off at King's Cross Station

"Maybe drop the 'little' dad, I'm almost 17!" you laughed.

"You'll always be our little girl" said your mum and she gave you a hug.

"I have to go and catch the train now! Bye mum, bye dad!" you said as you ran to Platform 9 3/4 to meet your friends and board the Hogwarts Express.

You passed through the portal to the platform and looked around for your friends. "Little Aquila" you heard a voice say and you turned around to find Talbott, your boyfriend, standing behind you with a smirk on his face.

"Shut up, bird boy!" you ran up giggling and threw your arms around him. It had only been a few months since you had last seen him, but he seemed taller and more handsome. "Did you grow?"

"Yeah, I'm almost 6'1 now" he said with a smile. You were not by any means short, almost 5'9 yourself, but this little grow spurt of Talbott's made him seem to tower over you a bit and you liked it. "Wanna find a spot on the train?"

"Yes" you replied and Talbott smiled. He grabbed your trunk and loaded it onto the train then took you by the hand and led you to an open compartment.

A few minutes later you saw Penny and Tonks walking by, "Oi, Penny!"

"Kendra!" Penny squealed with excitement! She entered the compartment and gave you a large hug.

"Wotcher, Talbott" said Tonks as she took a seat opposite the two of you.

"Hi, Tonks" Talbott replied.

Andre and Tulip joined you in the compartment soon after and the six of you talked the entire train ride back to Hogwarts.

"It's weird not having Rowan here" you said and Talbott gave your hand a little squeeze.

"I miss her so much" said Penny. "It's not going to be the same without her.

***

"Hey, Spellbody!" shouted Merula when you were leaving astronomy class. "Ben and I wanted to talk to you and Weasley after dinner tonight. Can you meet us in the artifact room at 7?"

"Um... sure. Is everything ok?"

"It's about Khanna... and Rakepick."

"Oh... ok. Yeah, I'll be there."

After dinner, you and Charlie walked to the artifact room together. The two of you arrived and Merula cast a locking charm on the door behind you. "What do you know about 'R?'" she asked.

"'R?' Like the letter?" asked Charlie.

"No, like the secret organization" said Merula and she rolled her eyes.

"I've never heard of them" said Charlie.

"Neither have I" you said.

For the next hour, Merula and Ben started telling you everything they knew about the secret organization and how Rakepick was a member. She hadn't told them of her involvement, but after Rowan's death they discovered that she had received directions from the group to kill a student at Hogwarts. "I think we should form a secret group along with some of our friends to try and bring Rakepick to justice" said Ben. It was such a change seeing him so brave and determined, when your first year he seemed to be afraid of his own shadow.