Chapter 11: Year Seven, Autumn (updated: 09/10/22)

**MATURE CONTENT AHEAD**

***

"So you still haven't heard from Talbott?" Penny asked during the train ride to Hogwarts. 

"No." you said while you stared out the window.

"Let's not talk about boys" said Tonks. "Here, I bought us some fizzing whizzbees!"

"Can you believe it's our last year at Hogwarts?" asked Tulip.

"I know!" answered Penny. "It seems like only yesterday we were first years."

"I'm nervous about the N.E.W.T.s, I really want to start auror training next year, so I have to do well!" said Tonks.

"I still can't picture you as an auror" laughed Penny.

"And why not?" Tonks said with a laugh as she gave herself a pig snout.

"That's why!!" Tulip and Penny shouted before erupting into gales of laughter.

You continued to stare out the window, but listening to your friends helped to take your mind off of Talbott. It had been the worst summer of your life, but now you were surrounded by your friends and you had decided to try and make the most of your final year at Hogwarts.

***

That evening you sat at the far end of the Ravenclaw table between Badeea and Tulip in the hopes of avoiding Talbott. You were almost able to accomplish your goal until Molly, a fifth year, asked you a question. When you turned to answer her, you caught a glimpse of Talbott. He was sitting alone at the opposite end of the table reading a book and to your surprise, he looked just as miserable as you felt. You stared for just a moment too long as Talbott raised his head and looked directly at you. Embarrassed, you immediately turned your attention back to Tulip and Badeea.

***

The following morning you joined Tulip for breakfast before your double potions class. The two of you ate quickly, then made your way to the dungeons. When you entered the classroom, you were glad to see that Andre and Talbott had already sat at a table at the far end of the room which meant you could sit at your usual table. Barnaby and Liz joined you at the table and you were excited to catch up with the two of them.

After potions you had history of magic with the Hufflepuffs. You and Penny sat at a table next to Tulip and Tonks. Diego was at the table in front of you and Tonks kept throwing Bertie Botts Every Flavor Beans at him trying to get them to land in the folds of his scarf. Diego didn't even notice until a grass flavored bean hit him on the cheek.

After class, you and Penny were walking to lunch when Diego came running up beside you. "Hola Kendra, mi hermosa. How was your summer? No, wait, tell me at the Three Broomsticks this weekend, we'll go for Butterbeer."

"Um..." you started to reply, but Diego cut you off.

"You can't say no to Diego Caplan!" he smiled and put his arm around you.

"Diego, I..."

"Please, mi aguila!" he pleaded. Aguila? Did he just call me his eagle? Why would he call me that? That's my dad's nickname for me. Does he even know about that?

Talbott quickly pushed past the two of you and headed upstairs, away from the Great Hall.

"We just got back from holiday Diego, I don't think I'm going to go to Hogsmeade this weekend, I kind of just want to stay here."

"Ok, then will you have lunch with Diego Caplan in the courtyard?"

"Um... I'll think about it." you said hesitantly. You liked Diego, but only as a friend. And hanging out with Diego right now felt like cheating on Talbott, even though the two of you had been broken up for a few months.