Chapter 15: 1999 (updated: 09/10/22)

**MATURE CONTENT AHEAD**

***

You had lived with Penny down in Cornwall for nearly eight years before finally landing your dream job as a writer for the Daily Prophet. The new job meant a new city, you were headed to London. You moved to London in late August and by late November you had settled in quite nicely. You decided to treat yourself to a weekend away in the beginning of December. You thought about visiting Edinburgh, but you opted for Hogsmeade instead, it had be years since you had visited the little village and thought it would be fun to see it again.

"I'm never going to make the train!" you said to yourself as you raced for the tube. You finally made it to the Earl's Court Underground station and hopped on the next Piccadilly line tube to King's Cross. When you arrived at King's Cross, you dashed through the station and passed through the portal to platform 9 3/4. You glanced down at your watch, you had minutes to spare before the 8 am train to Hogsmeade arrived. Clutching your ticket in one hand and your small weekender bag in the other, you hopped on the train, found a compartment, took a seat, and settled in for the nearly 5 hour ride.

The train pulled out of the station and started heading north. You gazed out of the window, content with the idea of having the next three days to yourself. You watched the scenery change from the hustle and bustle of London, to the slower paced English countryside, to the more wild terrain of Scotland. The gentle rocking motion of the train lulled you to sleep. You awoke what felt like mere minutes later as the train pulled into the station at Hogsmeade. Merlin, that seemed quick. You quickly shook your head to wake yourself up and grabbed your items. The air felt brisk as you stepped off of the train and made your way to the Hogs Head Inn.

"Kendra Spellbody, I have a room for two nights" you smiled at Aberforth. Aberforth was ran the Hogs Head Inn. He was also Dumbledore's brother and two of them couldn't have been more different.

He looked at a piece of parchment, grabbed an old key, and said "room seven on the first floor."

"Thank you," you said and you made your way to the stairs.

Like everything in Hogsmeade, the rooms at the Hogs Head Inn were old and shabby, but comfortable. There was a double bed, a small desk, and a comfortable looking armchair in the corner. You set your weekender bag down by the nightstand, glanced at yourself in the mirror, and satisfied with what you saw, decided to head out for the afternoon and visit some of the shops.

You wanted to go to Flourish & Blotts first as it had always been your favorite shop. You decided you could use some new stationery, although anyone who saw your desk at home would argue the opposite. You grabbed a few quills then eyed a beautiful blue leather-bound notebook. You picked up the notebook then gently ran your fingers over the cover. It was covered in small silver stars and reminded you of the dress you wore on Valentine's Day during your sixth year at Hogwarts. You continued to gaze at the cover while you turned to walk back down the aisle and you bumped into someone.

"Sorry," you said quite embarrassed. Your eyes slowly shifted up from the notebook to the face of the person in front of you, you took a sharp breath in and exclaimed "Talbott!"

Talbott Winger was standing directly in front of you, his amber eyes staring deep into yours.  At least he seemed to be just as shocked running into you as you were running into him. The last time you had seen him was over a year ago at Tonks' and Remus' memorial service, but you only saw him at a distance and you didn't get the opportunity to talk to him. Before that, it had been years.

"Kendra," Talbott replied, his eyes seemed to be slowly scanning you, "you look... good." 

"Thanks, you too. How are you? What are you doing in Hosgmeade?" In your nervousness you spouted out a bunch of questions.