Chapter 8: Year Five, Spring (updated: 09/10/22)

**Note: YEAR SIX SPOILERS! I mixed a year six event with a year five event. The plot isn't exactly the same as the game, but one important part remains. You have been warned.**

It was early February and the entire school was filled with talk about the Valentine's Day ball

"I heard it is going to have a storybook theme, how romantic!" said Penny. The two of you were sitting in the corner of the courtyard talking.

"I know things didn't really work out with Barnaby, but is there someone else you want to go with?" you asked.

"I don't know. Jae could be fun, Diego is a wonderful dancer, and I think Andre would make a good date."

"But no new crushes?"

"Nope" Penny answered. 

"What are you two talking about?" said Talbott as he joined you.

"The Valentine's Day ball" said Penny.

Talbott turned and smiled at you, "will you?"

"Of course!" you answered.

"Well that's a change from last year!" Penny laughed at how far your relationship with Talbott had evolved since you had asked him on a first date.

***

Valentine's Day was rapidly approaching and you were surprised at how many of your friends had dates. Penny decided to go with Diego, Tonks and Charlie were going as friends, and Tulip and Jae decided to go together. Even Rowan and Ben decided to be non-date dates to the ball. Andre didn't have a date, but that was because he was busy making outfits like the style wizard he was. This was going to be the first time Andre actually took appointments and created outfits based on people's requests. You asked Andre for a black dress with red and pink flowers. Talbott also asked Andre to make him a suit and you couldn't wait to see what he looked like.

The evening of the ball, you entered the Great Hall and were blown away by the decorations. There were cupids and flowers and live fairies and Badeea even painted a large mural depicting a fairy tale scene. It was absolutely magical. You saw Talbott standing by one of the tables and walked over to join him. He was wearing a brown jacket over a white shirt and floral waistcoat with a pink tie, grayish denim, and brown boots.

"Kendra.... you look...."

"Thank you, Talbott" you said as you smiled at him. "I'll take your speechlessness as a compliment."

"Let me try again... you're more lovely and temperate than a summer's day."

"That's lovely, Talbott, thank you. Should we join our friends on the dance floor?"

"Yes, let's" he said as he took you by the hand and led you onto the dance floor. You and Talbott danced with your friends for what seemed like hours. "I'm not really one for dancing and public displays, but being here with you is worth it." You smiled in response. "I... I think I'm going to get a refreshment."