Insecurities

AMELIAS POV
Charlotte is almost four months old. Owen and I were going out for a date tonight and Evelyn was going to watch Charlotte. I felt really nervous for our date which sounded stupid because we were literally married. I mean who gets nervous for a date with their husband? But I did. I haven't lost all the weight from my pregnancy, and I've tried to hide it by just wearing baggy clothes during the day while taking care of Charlotte on maternity leave. I don't know if he's noticed. I hope he hasn't. I feel ugly and fat, I hope he just can't notice it under the baggy shirts, or his shirts that I wear half the time. I walked into my closet and didn't know what I was going to wear. I wanted to wear a simple dress but I felt like I would look bad. I sighed as I went through my clothes. I heard the bedroom door open and I looked over and saw Owen walking in with Charlotte.
"Hey," Owen smiled, "someone was getting a little fussy I think she missed her momma."
"Aw hi baby," I smiled and picked her up out of Owens arms and cradled her, "did she eat downstairs?"
"Yup," he said. Charlotte yawned as I held her close to me and continued looking in my closed.
"What are you wearing?" Owen asked as he took an outfit out of his side of the closet.
"I don't know," I shrugged. I looked down and Charlotte was asleep on my shoulder. I walked over to her crib and laid her down gently and tucked her into bed. I walked back into the closet and Owen was changing.
"My mom said she'll be here in 20 if that's alright," he said. 20 minutes. There's no way I'll find something by then. I look fat in literally everything.
"Ames?" Owen said, "I can tell her to come later if you're not ready."
"Oh no I'm good," I lied.
"What's wrong?" He asked.
"Nothing," I said.
"Ames," he said.
"We can't be late," I said.
"Do you want to just stay in?" He offered, "if your tired or don't want to go out we don't have to."
"No I want to," I said.
"Then what is it?" He asked.
"Nothing," I said.
"Amelia," he said.
"Do you think I'm fat?" I asked.
"What?" He said, "what are you talking about you aren't fat."
"Yes I am Owen," I said sadly as I looked at my closet.
"Amelia," he frowned, "you're beautiful why would you say that?"
"I haven't lost all the weight from the pregnancy," I shrugged, "I feel like I was so skinny before."
"You gave birth to our daughter, which is such a beautiful thing," he said, "it's such a beautiful thing Amelia I promise."
"I'm not going to look good in anything I wear tonight," I said.
"That's not true," he said, "you always look amazing."
"You don't have to tell me that just because I'm your wife," I said.
"I'm telling you that because it's true," He said and kissed my forehead.
"Are you sure?" I asked in a small voice.
"Yes I'm sure," he said. I looked in the closet and found something. Maybe it would look okay. I changed and Owen came back into the closet holding Charlotte who was now awake.
"Charlotte," Owen said, "look how pretty mommy is."
"Stop it," I said, but I could feel myself blushing.
"If she could talk she would tell you that you're pretty, isn't that right Charlotte?" Owen said.
"Thank you Owen," I said and kissed his cheek. Charlotte reached for me and I smiled as I held her in my arms. The doorbell rang downstairs which meant that it was Evelyn.
"Charlotte I think grandma is here," I smiled and kissed her head. The three of us walked downstairs and Owen opened the door for Evelyn.
"Charlotte look it's grandma," I smiled.
"Oh it's so good to see you guys," Evelyn said and hugged us.
"Mom Charlotte just woke up from her nap so she might be up for a little bit," Owen said.
"No worries," Evelyn said, "it's more time I can spend with my granddaughter." I smiled as I grabbed my purse and Owen grabbed the keys.

OWENS POV
"So where are we going?" Amelia asked.
"It's a surprise," I said.
"Owen," Amelia chuckled.
"I know you hate surprises but you've never hated one of my surprises have you?" I asked.
"No," She shrugged. She was adorable. I was taking her to this place in Seattle where you can see all the stars at night, and we were having a picnic. I wouldn't tell her that until we got there because she's cute trying to figure stuff out. I parked and she looked at me.
"Are we star gazing?" She giggled.
"Maybe," I said. She grinned as we both got out of the car and I set up the picnic.
"Owen this is adorable," she said, "did you make all the food?"
"I did," I said.
"I'm impressed," she said as we sat down. We at dinner and then snuggled on the blanket. I kissed her forehead and then her lips. She smiled.
"I love you Amelia," I said.
"I love you too Owen," she smiled.