Panic Pt. 2

OWENS POV
I pushed Amelia behind me as the door flung open. I was so scared. I didn't know if Charlotte was okay. The daycare was on this floor and I didn't know if my baby girl was okay. The gunman looked at us and Amelia looked over my shoulder.
"Amelia," the man said. How did he know who she was?
"Charles," Amelia said in a small voice.
"Miss me?" Charles asked.
"What are you doing here?" Amelia asked. I wouldn't let her go around me for the fear that this Charles was going to shoot her.
"Revenge of course," Charles said, "you and your brother are the reason I went to jail, and your brother is dead so there's only one option left."
"When did you get out of prison?" Amelia asked.
"Yesterday," Charles said.
"Why don't we just talk this out we don't have to do this here," Amelia said.
"Get up," Charles said.
"No," I defended.
"Who's the guy?" Charles asked.
"Don't you dare touch him," Amelia said.
"I only wanted to shoot you anyway," Charles said. Amelia tried to get around me but I grabbed her.
"Owen," she said softly.
"Put the gun down," I said.
"Get out of the way," Charles said. Then everything happened so quickly. He shoved me and the gun went off. He ran out so quickly and I couldn't go after him. I went to go after him and Amelia grabbed my arm.
"Owen," she said as tears fell down her face. She was shot. Oh my god.
"Oh my god where?" I said as there was blood everywhere.
"Thigh," Amelia cried.
"Okay, okay Shh you're okay," I said as I grabbed the sheet off the bed and pressed down on her leg. She inhaled sharply and bit her lip.
"I'm sorry I know it hurts," I said. The blood was coming out so much.
"Owen," Amelia said, "If I don't-"
"Don't say it," I cried, "you're not allowed to say it please."
"Tell Charlotte how much I love her," Amelia said.
"You're not dying," I cried, "you're not allowed to die!" I got up and frantically got things to try to hold pressure on the wound.
"Owen," Amelia said.
"God why isn't there any medical supplies in here!" I said.
"Owen," Amelia said, "please just sit with me."
"You're not dying!" I cried.
"Owen," Amelia cried, "I love you."
"Amelia you're not dying you can't die," I said and went through all of the draws for something. There had to be something.
"Just come sit with me," Amelia begged. I found more sheets in a drawer and tried to wrap Amelias leg. I tried to get up and grab more but she grabbed my wrist.
"Just sit with me," she said softly.
"Ames," I started crying.
"It's okay," she said, "if I don't-"
"Amelia," I said.
"Just know how much I love you," she said crying, "and how much I've loved you since I met you. And how much I love our family with our daughter." We heard commotion on the floor. It had to be help. I got up and opened the door a crack and saw the SWAT team. I opened the door and waved them over and they came over with paramedics. I needed Amelia to be okay. She was my entire world. She was my wife. She was the mother of my child. I needed her to be okay. I needed her in my life. I can't do any of this without her. They got Amelia on a stretcher and I ran after her when we safely got outside.
"Owen get Charlotte," Amelia said as she took the oxygen mask off.
"We have to leave now," the paramedic said.
"Meet me there with her. Make sure she's okay," Amelia said. I needed to make sure she was okay too.
"Text me I'll look for your text," Amelia said.
"Okay, I love you so much," I said.
"I love you too," she said and kissed me. I watched as the ambulance rolled away and all I could do was cry. But Amelia was right. I needed to find Charlotte. I ran around frantically but I didn't see any children. I didn't see anyone that resembled the day care. I was freaking out.
"Owen!" I heard. I turned to see Maggie holding Charlotte.
"Oh my god," I said crying and ran and hugged them both.
"Oh my god thank you Maggie," I said and picked Charlotte up and hugged her, "thank you thank you thank you."
"You're welcome," she said, "where's Amelia? Have they evacuated her yet?"
"Amelia got shot, we need to get to the hospital," I said, "she made me find Charlotte before I started driving we need to go now." I frantically looked in my pockets for my keys and Maggie took them.
"We'll drive together okay?" She said. I nodded.
"Where was she shot?" Maggie asked.
"Thigh," I said.
"Well it didn't hit any internal organs. That's good," Maggie said. I could tell she was trying so hard to stay calm.
"Yeah," I nodded.

AMELIAS POV
"Can you do me a favor?" I asked the paramedic.
"Sure," he said. I handed him my phone.
"Can you tell me when Owen texts me about my daughter?" I asked.
"Of course," he said. A few minutes went by and I got worried. What if he didn't find her. What if she wasn't okay? I heard my phone go off.
"He found her, Owen and Maggie are driving to the hospital he said," the paramedic said.
"Oh thank god," I said. I looked down at my leg and there was so much blood. I needed to make it out of this. We got to the hospital and I don't remember what happened next.