From bad to worse

Liams POV

Monday morning.
The thoughts of even attempting to get out of this bed are absolutely horrifying.
School is going to be a nightmare. I mean, i have a lot more important stuff to worry about at the moment than how a river is formed thank you very much.
And then after school i had football and honestly, i don't have any interest. I only do it because Andy wanted someone to go with him.
As expected, a knock on the door pulled me from my thoughts, followed by dads head popping in from behind the door.
"wakey wakey" he said cheerfully, causing me to groan. How could he possibly be happy at 7:30 in the morning?
"Dad do i have to go?" I whined, pulling the covers up over my head "I'm tired and i just wanna stay here and study instead"
"But you never do study do you? So no. Now get up and sort yourself out for the day. Ill make you some pancakes for breakfast" and with that he closed the door gently and went off to do whatever he does every morning.
After a few minutes i managed to suck it up and whipped the covers off really fast to get it over with. Just like ripping off a plaster, its more painful if you do it slowly.
I threw on my uniform quickly and went to style my hair in the bathroom.
Sadly the "i woke up like this" look takes longer than the "i actually tried really hard with my hair" look so i took the extra time to do that. I gave it one last shake, just for good luck, before going downstairs to get my pancakes.

-------------

9:30.
Already today is a complete disaster.
First of all poppy got into the kitchen while i got up to get a drink and ate pancakes, then harry baby vomited down my back literally 2 minutes before i was meant to leave so i had to go change which made me late for school and papa late for work, then i got in trouble with the secretary for being late even though it was my first ever late and meant to hand up my project that was all typed up, i just had to print it out but when i went to do that it had wiped itself out. 7 hours of work down the toilet.
I just wanted to go home... I wonder if dad will be angry if i fake feeling sick..
"Mr. Malikson! What is it you find so interesting outside? Can you please keep your head in the classroom please." Mr. Entwhistle raised his voice to me. If he wasn't so notorious for giving detention i would've ignored that but he is so i just muttered a quick "yes, sir" and concentrated on the print of my text book.
Sophia sat with a massive smirk and by the way she held her breathe you could tell she was fit to burst into laughter at me.
"Alright, you can go. Homework is a 3 page essay on what you feel fortunate to have in life. Its due for wednesday"
Soph and i booted it out of the classroom and laughed until our sides hurt in the corridor.
"Oi, Morrison!" Nathan Stevens, the year bully, shouted across the hall.
"Its Malikson"
"Whatever! Did i ask to be corrected?"
I just stood there in silence, casually moving sophia so i was in front of her. I couldn't let her get hurt.
"Anyway, this essay... I don't have the time for it so you're gonna do it for me. Make it good." He hissed and shoved a page into my chest so hard that i stumbled backwards for a step or two.
He really was a right ass at times. Actually, all the time.
"Hold on! Why should i do your work for you?" I confronted, throwing the piece of paper to the floor.
"Because if you don't you'll regret it" and with that he just walked off, as i we just had a normal conversation about the weather or something.
"Cmon Li" sophia whispered from behind me and tugged on my arm making me follow her with a sigh.
"Don't worry about it babe, Ill sort it all out" i soothed, kissing her forehead before we parted to go to our separate classes.
Hopefully no one will confront her while I'm not around to defend her. (Cough, Nathan, cough) She's really sensitive right now. Last night she was crying on the phone to me because she'd smudged her nail polish.
I guess all we can do for now is try keep everything a secret and lay low for a bit. After all, school is tough enough without people spreading rumours and spitting hurtful comments at you.
The longer we can keep it quiet the longer we can prevent all that stuff.

--------------------

Classes were going painfully slow.
I literally could've grown a beard during the last class and shaved it before the class had ended.
As usual i met Sophia, Andy, Mark and Eve at our normal spot in the middle of the cafeteria. Nothing out of the ordinary.
That is until sophia got up to get a drink from the vending machine.
She'd been gone a while so i excuses myself and went to see if she was alright but when i turned the corner to find Ian Rodgers asking why she was getting so fat and advising her that eating was a bad idea i saw red.
"Oi! What makes you think you're allowed talk to anyone like that?" I yelled.
"No need for shouting Liam. I was just asking an honest question."
"No. You told her she was fat when she clearly isn't."
"Oh, is that the way it sounded? Because i didn't mean it that way."
"Ok. If thats the case apologise."
"Over my dead body mate! Did nothin' wrong did i?"
And with that he began to corner sophia against the wall.
Her eyes began to fill with unshed, scared tears as she silently moved back until she couldn't anymore.
"Dont you dare touch her" i spat through clenched teeth.
And with that a shit-eating grin enveloped his scummy face as he put his hand millimetres away from her flushed cheek.
"Like....... This" he stated before lightly flicking his wrist to slap Sophia's cheek.
And thats when i lost it.
Before i knew it we were on the floor, me throwing merciless digs to his arms, face and chest as he did his best to block them but with little or no luck.
I kept going, letting out all my anger and frustration on him. How dare he go near my girl or even think about being in the same room as my child, i don't care if he didn't know about the baby he still shouldn't have said anything to, or slapped sophia.
After a while i felt my arms being restrained. Oh shit! What did i do.
My hands were covered in Ian's blood and all i could hear was him groaning and sophia sobbing as i was dragged off him and held back by the principal.
"What is the meaning of this?" She demanded but all i could do was stare at the floor.
I f*cked up. BIG time.