Sick day

Louis POV.

I lay quietly in bed enjoying the moment as the dim morning peered in through the curtains, illuminating the room. Zayn had his strong arms wrapped around my waist and his face nuzzled in my neck and he slept. I could feel every breathe he took tickling my neck as he exhaled.

A huge smile crept onto my face and a million butterflies filled my tummy as i thought back to last night. Im surprised we didn't wake Niall. Thank god Liam was at Andy's house. I love the way every time is like the first time with Zayn.

My thoughts were interrupted by the familiar cries of my baby boy. I quickly wiggled out of Zayn's strong hold making sure not to wake him before slipping on a fresh pair of boxers and going to Niall's room.

As i opened the door my boys loud cries filled the room. My baby boy was standing up grabbing onto the railings of his cot a big fat tears streamed down his chubby cheeks.

"Aww ni, daddy's here sweetheart, shhh daddy's here" i soothed, picking him up and cuddling him close while rubbing small circles in his back as his cries began to reduce to sobs and eventually, to sniffles. After a while a small watery voice filled the air "dahhi" i couldn't help but smile at his impossibly cute mispronunciation. "Hello, my little man" i smiled a bit over enthusatically. "I icky" he whimpered, resting his head on my shoulder.

"Aww my poor baby" i cooed "well lets go to daddies room and she whats wrong shall we?" I walked slowly so i wouldn't jostle him around too much as we went into our room.

I walked straight into the adjoining bathroom with niall still sniffling and leaving out the occasional whimper. "Now darlin' ill just check your temperature and then we can give you some medicine" i murmured, probably too myself because i doubt niall properly understood.

I made my way back into the bedroom, thermometer in one hand and niall in the other. Zayn was sitting up with serious sex hair going on and i couldnt help but chuckle knowing mine was probably twice as bad.

"Hey buddy, how ya doing?" Zayn rasped, his voice still thick with sleep. "I icky papa" niall chocked out before breaking into a fresh round of sobs. "Oh no, my poor baby boy" zayn cooed as i passed him niall, sitting myself on the edge of the bed.

After niall had calmed down a little zayn laid down with niall cuddled into his chest as i prepared the thermometer. Thank god zayn woke up because , lets just say, niall strongly dislikes the thermometer.

I slowly and cautiously began to pull down the little lads pyjamas pants and nappy, watching his face the entire time for any sign of realisation as to what was about to happen.

I carefully lubed up the thermometer and gave zayn a nod. He obviously understood as i could see his grip on the baby tighten a little. I slowly rubbed nialls back as i began to insert the thermometer.

"OUT DAHHI OUUUUTT!!! AHHHH" niall instantly began to screech as his small body thrashed and he tried to pull out the thermometer but zayn had his hands pinned down. "NO LIKE DAHHI AHHHH" he screeched again through loud, angry sobs. The sound just broke my heart "shhh darlin' youre doing so well sweetheart, you're so brave for daddy, if you really good we can go to the park when you're all better yeah?" I said trying to hold back tears. I just really hated seeing him like this. After what felt like an eternity later the thermometer beeped and i pulled it out causing niall to stop screaming but he continued to cry into zayns chest. "Now love, its all done, shhh , were so proud of you buddy" zayn soothed.

"Oh wow baby you have a nasty little fever " i said as i read the thermometer "what is it?" Zayn enquired which a concerned expression. "38.9 C" i replied, before getting up of off the bed "im just go get him some medicine" i murmured to myself placing a kiss on both boys foreheads before walking downstairs.