Through thick and thin

Liams POV

"Babe, what do you think about this?" i asked sofia, holding up the cutest little onesie with a fluffy beige lion on it. We were down town looking for a present for the baby seen as i actually have money for once.

"aww thats perfect! and its suitable for a boy or a girl" she replied with that smile i loved so much. "ok so, how about we go pay for this lot then" i said gesturing to the basket of clothes in my hand, beginning to stroll towards the cashier.

I couldnt help but get a little carried away with shopping for baby Laura or baby Jason. I mean, i am their big brother and god- father, might as well spoil him or her rotten. As we reached the cash register i pull out my wallet and paid for all the things i bought before taking my bags and sofias hand and leaving the warm comfort of the shop, stepping into the cold winter air.

"anywhere you wanna go before i walk you home?" i asked, adjusting my school bag on my shoulder, taking her hand again as we continued to stroll. "no, im fine." she replied leaving a few moments of silence before adding "its so cold out today" while pulling her coat around her tighter.

i took of my school blazer, draping it lightly around her shoulders and gently pressed my lips to her forehead. "well we cant have that can we?" i chuckled playfully. "i think ill just ring papa and get him to drop us home. Wanna go to the park while were waiting?" i suggested hoping she'd agree because my school bag weighed a tonne.

"ok, are you sure he can drop me home? i can just ring my mum.." "no, no, we'll be passing by anyway love" and with that we bagan strolling towards the park while i sent a quick text out to papa.

-------------------------

Louis POV

"Niall, seriously? you are in so uch trouble when your papa gets home Mr.!" i scolded, trying to bend down to pick up the pieces of bowl that niall had smashed on the floor. He really was being such a handful lately. I know what they mean by the 'terrible twos' now.

My back has been killing me all day, not to mention the pain in my feet and legs. Niall defiantly doesnt help with that. "ugggh" i groaned trying to stand up. 

suddenly the front door swung open, liam and zayn appearing in the door way. "Zayn!" i called hoping to get some help up. 

"Lou! what happened? are you alright?" zayns eyes went comically wide with fright and concern as he helped me up from my squatting position on the kitchen floor.

"im fine, just couldnt get up. Your son on the other hand, has been an absolute nightmare all day" i answered, waddling over and throwing the broken pieces in the bin. "oh my god, whats he done now?" zayn groaned, rubbing his face with his hand.

"well, he broke a bowl just there, smeared toothpaste all over the bathroom floor, threw a few tantrums and refused to go into timeout so you can deal with him now" i ranted before storming up the stairs and into our room letting the tears stream down my face as i sat on the side of the bed.

Everything is just starting to become too much. This baby would be here in just under too months and in all honesty im just not ready. We still need to sort out the babys room as well as buy all the stuff you need for a baby, which believe me is A LOT of stuff.

On top of that Nialls just uncontrollable lately and i just dont know how to control him, my back and feet are killing me and i just dont know how were going to manage a baby on top of all this.

"i just cant do it" i sobbed into my hands but what i wasnt expecting was the reply that came from the door "of course you can boo" i looked up to find zayn leaning against the door frame, a frown set into his features as he began to walk towards me.

"no, Zayn i cant. What are we gonna do?" i cried throwing myself at zayn."shhh .. loubear, we can do this love, alright? this is just a bit of a rough patch. Niall will grow out of this phase hes going through, Liam gonna finish school and go onto college in a few years and in just two months we should have our baby son or daughter wrapped up in our arms,yeah?shh.. calm down baby" he soothed, rubbing soft circles in my back and sway back and forth, holding me as close as he could.

"were just not ready for this zayn" i whimpered "what if we cant give it the attention it needs? what if niall feels left out or upset because were too busy to comfort him? " i added clinging to zayns jumper for comfort.

"well thats not gonna happen darlin, wanna know why?"he cooed in my ear as the rocking motion continued. "because your a great father, love, and i know we can sort this out together alright? ill be here through thick and thin, day or night, 24/7 no matter what so dont worry about anything ok? as long as we have each other and our three little rascals we'll be fine... i love you so much louis" 

His words really hit home. i should be happy right now. i have two great kids and another on the way, the love of my life being the father of all three as well as my loving husband, sure we drive each other mental sometimes but what couple doesnt? 

"youre right zee. im sorry its probably just mood swings." i apologised, pulling back and wiping my eyes on my sleeve. "youre alright boo, i meant everything i said though" zayn replied, reaching over to dry my eyes. " i love you" i spoke softly, gazing into my husbands eyes. "and i love you too sweetheart" he replied, pulling me closer and kissing me with so much passion i swear i couldve exploded.

-----------------

"i sworry dahdy" niall lisped tearfully as he ran over and hugged my legs. "its alright ni, can daddy have a cuddle please?" i asked before zayn scooped him up and into my lap. "i love you so much baby" i cooed into his wispy hair. "love you too dahdy" he squealed giving me one of his sloppy kisses on the cheek. "thats my boy" i praised rubbing his back.

The baby mustve started feeling at bit left out at that point because all of a sudden i felt a sharp nudge in my side. "are you feeling left out sweetie?" i cooed to my bump, as he or she moved around for a while. 

"ugh oh!" niall exclaimed, panic engulfing his features. "whats up, buttercup?" i asked "dahdy wook!" he lisped pointing to the area where his brother or sister decided to start kick boxing in my stomach. "its ok love, look! its just the baby."and with that i took his tiny hand and placed it on my stomach. As soon as he felt a nudge he pulled his hand away and burst into peels of high pitched laughter .

Although things dont always go the way we'd like them to, i know it will always work out in the end, as long as i have my family by my side. And you know what they say, family stick together through thick and thin