Its too cold outside..

Zayns POV

The sound of my baby's cries pierced the silence, causing louis and i to wake.
I slowly opened one eye, checking the bedside clock for the time while louis let out a tired grunt from beside me.
"Go back to sleep, ill get him" i rasped, but louis didn't show any signs of responding to what i said, other than turning over and going back to sleep with his back to me.
I almost forgot he's refusing to talk to me.
"Love you" i mumbled sleepily but still no reply.
Well alright then.
I shuffled lightly across the room to Harry's cot, making soft shushing noises to try and calm him a bit.
"Harry... Oh no bubba, whats got you all sad ey?" I cooed as i gently lifted him up with a hand supporting his head.
"I know, i know baby. We'll fill your little tummy in a second, jus' gotta get your blankie" i soothed, bobbing myself up and down to try and relax him.

As soon as we got downstairs and his bottle heated he was blissfully cradled in the crook of my arm, looking up at me and making those cute little grunts he usually makes when he's having a his milk, while i held his bottle for him and watched an episode of 'The Middle'.
Honestly, his 6:00 am feed was the worst but i don't mind as long as he's well settled afterwards.
Im hoping Louis isn't still grouchy at me today. And its all over a stupid belly rub that makes babies burp like, in all fairness, its not like if was incredibly important.
Soon he stopped suckling and wouldn't take the bottle anymore.
"You full sunshine? Yeah? Gonna burp for papa?" I cooed, rubbing circled into his tiny back until he let out a small hiccup.
"Well, i know you're definitely not gonna win burping competitions with Niall anyway, yeah, and its disgusting but i know you'll both end up doing it eventually" i cooed as his eyes slipped closed, my finger stroking his soft cheek before pressing a gentle kiss to his fussy tufts of hair.
"Sweet dreams sweetheart" i whispered as he began to sleep on my chest.
I draped his blanket around us both and joined him in the land of dreams, after all, it was only 6:35.

-----------

"Papa, pwease i go ouwside?" Niall begged, his hands and face pressed against the double doors leading out to out big garden.
"Niall love, its just too cold outside"
He's been on at me all day to go out but i just don't have time to watch him properly. Louis' been throwing a right strop and just refuses to be helpful in any way, shape or form. I seriously don't know whats gotten into him.
I looked up from making lunch and saw the saddest little pout on his face and i just made me feel so bad. And honestly, it wasnt actually that cold outside..
"How about, if you eat all your lunch like a big boy, you can play outside for a while. Maybe if you're extra good and wear your jacket ill let you help me feed Poppy, yeah?" I bargained, just wanting a quiet afternoon for once.
"Mmm, hawwy come with us?" He asked, turning around to face me.
"Ni, he just too small, pet. And Poppy isn't allowed around him yet because he's so small." I got down to his eye level just to try help him understand but i knew he was much too young to fully get it at the moment.
"Why he always too smwall for evewything?" He pouted, i don't know what it was about Niall and harry but they seem to have a strong bond already, and its only been about 3 weeks.
"Im sorry bud, his little arms and legs just don't work like yours do yet, but when they do you'll both have great adventures together, i promise"
"Pwinky pwomise?"
I held up my pinky, linking it with his.
"I pinky promise. Now, up at the table please."
He toddled over to the table, pausing when he got to his highchair as he waited for my to put him in.
After i did so and served his favourite, sausages with beans and toast in his special bob the builder bowl and watched as he ate happily, babbling away to himself.
While he was occupied i ran in to check on Harry, who was still sound asleep in his bouncer in front of the telly.
With louis out and about with Liam the house was quiet. For the first time in weeks, there was silence.
I soaked up as much of it as i could because it usually doesn't last too long.
Honestly, i had forgotten what silence sounded like.
------------------
By the time louis got back Niall was out in the garden, exploring the sandpit for a while and playing around with his football and i stood doing the dishes at the kitchen window, watching my toddler as he messed about.
"Zayn, why is Harry asleep in front of the tv? We clearly agreed on 1 hour tv time per day and that was it. He's well over that already" louis argued, which is all he seemed to do lately.
"He only watched it for not even 5 minutes while we was falling asleep, he'll be fine" i continued washing up, just letting louis words go over my head. That is until he said one thing in particular.
"I can believe this Zayn! We made an agreement on how to raise all of our children and suddenly youre going behind my back, letting him watch telly and keeping tricks and techniques, which he clearly needs, from me as if its nothing? Well you know what? I call that the sign of a bad father."
"bad father? Excuse me, ive been up with harry every night this week and did you hear Niall crying for you yesterday but would you pick him up? Oh no way, because you've changed louis. So don't you dare call me a bad father because I'm doing nothing wrong." I reasoned, keeping my voice as calm as possible. I didn't want Niall to hear this.
"DONT YOU DARE ACCUSE ME OF IGNORING NIALL!! HE NEEDS TO LEARN THAT HE CANT ALWAYS BE HELD AND YOU KNOW THAT!" He shouted at me, his words filled with venom and spite. Who was this person standing in front of me? Not the man i married anyway.
As if on que, the wails of a baby could be heard coming from the living room. "Oh well there, are you happy now?" I asked with an exasperated sigh, but before i could go get him a loud high pitched scream could be herd from outside, followed by cries of pain.
"For f*ck sake" i mumbled as i put harrys dummy in his mouth and ran outside to help niall up.
The smell of freshly cut grass tingled my nose as i ran to pick up my boy, who was sitting in the middle of the grass bawling his eyes out and screaming for his daddy and papa.
"hey bud, youre alright love. Can you tell papa what happened?" I cooed, picking him, feeling him melt into my embrace while he continued to cry which was unusual because normally once you picked him up he was fine.
"Owwie" he screamed hysterically, grasping onto my jumper tightly with one hand.
"Hes got a cut on his leg, its bleeding a bit" louis said quietly, staring brokenly at our little man.
"Hey baby, its alright, were gonna clean you up and put a plaster on and you'll be all ok." I hushed, watching on as the tears streamed down his pale cheeks. I stood up slowly and pressed a kiss against his forehead as he began to calm down a bit but not a lot.
"How does cuddles with sweeties and your dummy sound?" But all i got were pained sobs in reply.
Once we were inside and he had his dummy in his mouth he calmed down much more.
"Lou, can you grab his bunny? If he takes a nap he should be fine" i whispered, not wanting to upset the sniffling boy.
"Ok" he murmured and with that both of us headed to different rooms.
I went into the living room and the sight i was met with warmed my heart.
Poppy was moving his paw gently over Harry's onesie covered tummy, soothing harry who was just starting to fuss. As if by magic he just stopped fussing and fell back asleep.
Usually i would've completely opposed to having the dog around the baby but he seemed to know just how delicate harry was and that he had to be gentle with him.
Louis then walked in and stopped dead in his tracks. "Zayn, for god sake.."
"No, just watch" i encouraged and when Lou saw what was actually happening he was overwhelmed with cuteness and began videoing the adorable moment.
While all that was happening i retreated to the sofa with Niall, him propped up on my chest, cuddling his bunny as if his life depended on it.
"Shhh, go to sleep bubba" i whispered, kissing his forehead while he whimpered.
It wasn't long til i had one boy asleep on my chest and the other asleep with the dogs head on his chubby little baby tummy.
------------------

"He must be roasted, maybe we should take off his jacket?" Louis sighed as he watched Niall snooze, quietly cuddled up against my jumper clad chest.
"Alright, ill try" i huffed, sitting up and laying him on the sofa.
"Sorry bub" i whispered, more to myself than Niall. Its not like he could hear me anyway.
I carefully tugged the jacket off one arm, and then the other but i got the shock of a lifetime when i saw the odd- shape his arm was in.
"Lou, i think he's broken his arm" i said in alarm, while louis rushed over.
"Show me, if he fell asleep he's obviously not in that much pain" louis added as he inspected his chubby arm.
"No, thats not right" were the first words to leave his mouth.
"Get harry in his car seat, were going to the hospital" i ordered, rushing around to get my phone.
"Ill get mum to meet us at the hospital and take harry, she might collect Liam too." I mumbled to myself.
Within 10 minutes we were at the hospital, Niall completely unaware of what was happening.
--------------
It took us 7 hours in A&E to get X-rays and casts and Niall even had to be given a general anaesthetic to stop him screeching in pain when he was having his arm put back in place.
Thankfully it wasn't anything too serious.
"Daddy, you sign it?" He lisped, blue eyes sparkling as he looked up with louis, marker in hand.
As soon as he realised he could get people to sign it he was thrilled. Literally, he ran in the door of my mums house and shouted "NANA TWISH!!! YOU SIGN MY CAT?" That made us all laugh. "you mean cast, Ni." I chuckled, ruffling his hair.
He's really enjoying all the attention at the moment aswell.
But i dont have the heart to tell him it'll have to come off in 4 weeks. He'll be gutted. But until then he can enjoy the spotlight for a while.
After all, being the middle child isn't easy when you have a younger brother who demands attention 24/7 and an older brother who is always on the go.