Escape from the City and Follow the Sun (3)

Liams POV

"So you've honestly never had an oreo milkshake in your whole lifetime? like, not even a taste of one?" I asked in a state of shock as i turned around from the stove.
"nope" Soph replied, popping the P, "never"
"no way"
"yes way"
"if Niall heard that he would freak out. Like, he would literally be ashamed of you" i informed as i turned back around to flip the pancake that was slowly cooking on the frying pan.
"better make sure Niall doesn't find out so" she chuckled as she leaned over for a quick kiss but our lips hadn't even met when i felt a familiar tug on my pyjama pants. A tug that belonged to a certain dirty blonde toddler.
"LiLi, what you no tell Niall?" he lisped around his dummy, his light eyebrows furrowed with worry at the thought of not knowing something as he looked up at both of us, his bright blue eyes sparkling with curiosity.
I bent down and picked him up as he looked between Sophia and I. "Well Niall, Sophia has a really big problem that were going to have to sort out later." i explained as his eyes grew with wonder.
"what we do? i help, I promise!" he squealed, eager to help out where he could. "it will involve a trip down town when harry wakes up. Would you be up for that?" i asked, removing the pancake from the stove and sliding it onto a plate as Niall nodded, his head moving up and down like a bobble head.
"what do you think Soph? Will he be able for it?" I teased, earning me a wide smile from my girl.
"I think he might manage."
"Ok so..." I started before bring his ear closer to my mouth and whispering to him, little wispy strands of hair tickling my face.
"Well, you see, sophia has NEVER had an oreo milksh-"
"WHAT!?!" He screeched, looking absolutely disgusted.
"Sshh Harry had a late night...But yeah, do you think we should bring her for one?" I continued, watching as he tried to comprehend how she could possibly live without trying an Oreo milkshake. Honestly sometimes i think his life revolves around Oreo milkshakes and he's only 2.
"We need t' go now!" He squealed with wide shiny blue eyes, the exact ones that belonged to our dad, as he tired to wiggle his way out of my grip.
"After harry wakes up from his nap. You don't wanna leave him here all on his own do you? He'll cry because he'll be scared and all he'll want is his brave big brother Niall to give him cuddles." I tried to convinced and it did work for a minute but he couldn't seem to wait. He just kept squirming in my grip and making up excuses for why we should leave immediately, all of which made no sense what so ever.
"Niall, will you draw me a picture please? Just so i can remember this day forever?" Sophia intervened, catching the toddlers attention.
"Yeah! And ill make it extra really special because its a special day!" He cheered as i put him on his feet and looked on as he toddled up the stairs to draw Sophia's picture, the sound of his clumsy footsteps echoing around the hall as he ascended.
"Nice save." I chuckled, giving Soph a quick peck which she happy returned.
"What can i say? He literally has a dedication to Oreo milkshakes doesn't he?" She laughed, her usual sweet laugh floating through the air.
"Dedication doesn't even begin to describe it." And with that i served up her pancakes with strawberries, blueberries and peanut butter.
Disgusting but apparently junior seems to love it so i cant complain.

----------------------

Zayns POV

The events from last night kept replaying themselves in my head. If louis wasn't lying asleep on my chest without any clothes or underwear on i would've completely shot down even the thought of anything happening. It just seems too perfect to be true.
Its been so long since we could do anything intimate without a screaming baby or Lou falling asleep two minutes into a blow job.
We've only been away for just over 18 hours and already i can see the difference in louis face. He's calm. Not a care in the world, apart from the fact he wants to go back to the kids today.
Thats the thing about louis, he cares about everyone and always puts others before himself.
Its not a bad quality, don't get me wrong, its one of the main things that attracted me to him in the first place but he needs to relax a bit for himself. He looks after everyone in the family but its time we looked after him.
I looked down at his feathery brown hair, tossed in every direction imaginable. He looked cute all cuddled up on my chest sleeping. Like a baby hedgehog curled into a tiny ball, except his sex hair really made him look a little less innocent.
His eyelids fluttered every so often as he slept but what really caught my attention was how his dark eyelashes caressed his perfectly sculpted jaw bone.
His mouth was ajar, the occasional light snore escaping every so often, the sound so light and airy you'd have to strain just to hear it. He never really was one to snore anyway, other than when he drinks alcohol. He snores very loud when he's drunk.
I was snapped out of my thoughts when he began to stretch his back and mumble an occasional incoherent word every meaning he was only a few minutes away from waking up. My hand began to gently rub circular patterns on his back, just like he always asks me to do. He loves when anyone rubs or scratches his back. He calls it his 'guilty pleasure'.
Before Niall was born he would always take ages to wake up. He could never just get up instantly and do something which all changed when we welcomed the newborn into the house. Its been over 2 and a half years and this morning is the first time i saw him slip back into that old habit.
"Zee" he grunted, turning his body and rocking the whole bed.
"I swear you're like a herd of elephants" i joked, earning myself a playful slap on the chest as he just smiled softly, his check pressed against my bare chest as he smiled softly but kept his eyes closed.
"Cheeky bugger, ill have you know that I've lost almost 20 lbs since February" he rasped quietly, just enjoying the feeling of freedom. No responsibilities, no duties and not a nappy in sight.
"And you don't need to lose anymore weight, love. You're 100% perfect as you are." I said while placing a chaste kiss to his forehead and running my fingers through his messy hair. "How did you sleep babe?"
"Like a log. Im fairly sure that nights sleep made up for the last couple of weeks" and with that his beautiful cerulean blue eyes fluttered open, involuntarily setting off the butterflies in my stomach.
"So how are you feeling about spending another night here?"
"Zayn.. I love it here, i really do but i-i just want to get back home. I don't mean to sound ungrateful or anything but i cant relax knowing we left the kids at home regardless as to whether your mum is there or not." Louis sighed. This time last year he would've been overjoyed to stay but that just goes to show the difference a year can make to a person. Its hurts to think that even the thought of being away from home and the kids can upset him so much but i suppose thats how life is. Things happen and eventually we just have to learn to control it and get back out there, but for now we'll go slow and take life one small step at a time. He's been worried about the kids so much lately that leaving them would have an impact on you if you left them.
"Alright Lou bear. You relax ill get you home today don't worry." I assured as he cuddled back into me cutely, his eyes sliding closed again.
"Although i wouldn't mind a quick round 2 or a shopping trip."
"Don't worry love, ill give you both" i cheekily chided.
And thats how the rest if the morning was spent. Filled with joking, laughing and even some late morning romance.