Prologue

"Ano ba?! Tumingin ka nga sa dinadaanan mo!"

Tumaas naman ang kilay ko at iniirapan siya."Shut up! Do you want me to embarrass you in front of everyone?!"

Stupid. Anong akala niya, siya lang yung tao rito?! Tsk. She's not even attractive at all.

Hinarap niya naman ako at tiningnan ng masama."Kung makaasta ka akala mo naman ikaw ang reyna dito. You're so mean just because you're famous in every place. Matuto ka ring rumespeto kahit konti, Zeriel."

"So what?! You're not even my mom to taught me things and even if you are, I don't care. It's my life so you're out of it, bitch." Hinagis ko sa kanya ang laman ng wine na dala ko bago siya tinalikuran at lumabas dun.

Damn, her. Ano bang alam niya sa buhay ko para pagsabihan ako ng gano'n?! Yeah, I'm famous. But there are just few things that they knew about me. My privacy wasn't included, of course. Sino ba namang may gustong malaman ang lahat ng baho niya sa publiko. Tsk, bobo.

"Zeriel, what did you do?!"

I immediately faced Alina when she asked me."She deserves it. Pinapainit niya ang ulo ko, alam mong ayoko nun. Pakialamera niya masyado."

"Sana hinabaan mo nalang ang pasensya mo dun. That's the reason why everyone hates you,  it's because you can't be good to them," she let out a sigh.

I looked at her with confidence."Kung ayaw nila sa'kin, wala na akong magagawa dun. If they don't like me, then I don't like them too. I don't give a damn to anyone."

"I know right. We're cousins and ever since we were little, I already know every single detail of you. Kilalang kilala na kita higit pa sa pagkakakilala ng mom mo sa'yo. Fine, I couldn't do anything for that. Matigas ang ulo mo eh," she just shrugged her shoulders and cling her hands on mine.

"Let's go home. It's very noisy inside, it suffocates the hell out of me." I put my sling bag on my shoulder and was about to enter my car when a media blocks our way.

"You're Zeriel, right?! What can you say about your image as a model?" A reporter asked but I didn't bother to answer it and just find a way how to get out of them.

"Ms. Knoxville, can you tell us about your family background?" Another reporter blocked my way, holding something that was used when they're reporting.

"Why are you guys so annoying?! Don't you get it?! I don't want to answer your freaking questions so get out of my sight," malditang sagot ko sa kanila at pinagtutulakan sila para makadaan kami.

Agad akong pumasok sa drivers seat at si Alina naman sa passengers seat. I started the engine of my car to get out of here but unfortunately, the whole media and even the reporters blocked my way, again. Ugh. Nagagalit na ako sa kanila ah. Ba't ba ang titigas ng mga ulo nila?! Fuck it.

"Zeriel, you can't avoid them. Sikat ka at kilala ng lahat kaya hindi mo talaga matatakasan ang mga ganyan. You have to face them to stop them from asking you," sambit niya sa mahinahong boses.

I let out a sigh and open the window of my car just to see them."I'll just answer 3 questions and after that, let me leave. I have some things to do. Spill it."

"Ilang taon ka simula nung pumasok ka sa pagiging model?"

"When I was 16 years old," I boredly answered. It's nothing important, though.

" Where did you released your first album?"

Pinaglaruan ko lang ang kamay ko habang hindi parin nakatingin sa kanila."My first album was released on Australia."

"Last question. Do you have any boyfriend and why?"

I suddenly stopped when I heard that question and faced the person who asked me."Nope. And I don't have any plan to because they're just a waste of time for me. Now, go away." Sinara ko ng mabilis ang bintana ng kotse ko at agad pinaharurot paalis.

"You look pissed," she smirked that made me more angry. Mabilis akong magalit kahit sa mga maliit na bagay lang.

"Nakakainis kase sila. Kahit saan ako magpunta, nandun din sila. I hate crowded places, just so you know," I rolled my eyes because of irritation.

Yung gigising ka tapos media agad ang bubungad sa'yo! That was the reason why I moved here but it's just getting worst.

"Ngayon lang naman siguro 'to kase sembreak pa pero kapag nagsimula na ulit ang klase baka wala na sila. They can't enter the university because it's for the students. The principal wouldn't allow them," she said while looking on her phone, probably scrolling on her social media accounts.

I stopped the car when I arrived in front of their house."Hope so. Hindi ko kakayanin kung pati sa university nakabuntot rin sila. By the way, I'll sleep here on your house."

She looked at me intently, thinking if I was just joking or not."Are you serious?! Nag-away na naman ba kayo ni tita?! Oh god, why so stubborn Zeriel?! Kailan ka ba magtatanda?"

Nauna na akong maglakad papasok sa gate nila habang nakasunod naman siya sa'kin."I already changed, Alina. There's no way that I could bring back the attitude I have before. Not now but never."

It's because I hate everything. My family, the people around me, especially boys. And of course, myself. Ewan ko.

               Copyright @yaradorable
                All rights reserved 2021

Note : This is the second installment of Helveryst Series. So before you'll proceed to this story, be sure to read the first one. Thank you for understanding.