25. Gathering

Seungmin's POV

I skipped school the next day of the incident. After resting for a day, I decided to go to school. Changbin hyung was in charge of dropping me to school everyday. I allowed him, Lix would be happy too. As I entered the school gates, everyone started staring me. It felt very uncomfortable.

I could see my friends at a distance. I walked towards them and as soon as Jeongin saw me, he pulled me in a hug. "Seungmin-ah, are you fine?" he said. I hummed and patted the back of his head. I felt sorry for worrying them. When we pulled out, Felix held my hand which was a bit swollen because of the saline needles. "Poor boy. It must hurt." he said and I chuckled. "I'm used to it Lix." I saw Hyunjin standing quite. Well he's always quite when I'm with him but he looks different today.

We walked towards our class and I felt a tap on my shoulder. I about turned to see a nervous Hyunjin in front of me. I didn't say anything.
"Seungmin, I know I did something which is unforgivable but I'm sorry." he said. Others were watching us. I felt sorry that he's blaming himself and most importantly, others think it's his fault.

"It's not your fault Hyunjin."

"But after our argument y-"

"I said its not because of you. It was my own mistake."

"What do you mean Seungmin?" Soobin asked. I explained everything that happened. After the explanation, I could see Hyunjin was relieved. The bell rang and we stepped in the class.

"Seungmin how are you feeling?" Mr. Kim asked as he settled down his books on the desk.

I felt somewhat uncomfortable but I replied saying I was fine.

He started teaching. It was nearly the end of the lecture. "Let's end this lecture here. I want to announce something now." we all closed our books and listen to his words. "We are nearly at the end of your school life right? You will be having your exams in five months now. I hope you are studying." he said as everyone groaned at the word 'exams'.

"Also you know the rule of our school, before your exams you all will have an annual gathering in school." everyone cheered. "So, in two week that is on 4th of July, all of us will be celebrating it. You can sing, dance, act or perform any show you like. It depends on you if you want to do a solo performance, duet or a group performance. I need everyone to participate in it. Start your practice from today onwards in school itself." we listened carefully. "Don't hesitate to perform okay? The principal and other senior teachers won't be attending the gathering, it's just us." he added.

Before exiting the class he turned around and looked at me. "Seungmin, I hope you will participate as well. You practice singing everyday, let us hear your voice now." he smiled and I returned.

"Seungmin, have you thought about it?" Jeongin asked me. It was recess.

"About what?"

"Singing." He said and I stopped eating. Singing in front of whole school? What if others don't like my voice? They will talk bad about it then!! "What if th-"

"No one Seungmin, no one will talk rubbish about that heavenly voice of yours!" Jun hyung said with a proud face. I smiled at his words.

"Jeongin, Soobin, Seungmin?" a voice called and we turned around to see Jongho. "For the gathering, are you all interested in singing?" he asked.

Jeongin and Soobin immediately agreed but I was hesitant. "Seungmin, trust me no one will judge you!" Felix said from behind.

"No, guys don't force him. I know how much self-conscious Seungmin is about his singing. Let's not force him." Jeongin convinced them.