36. Fight

(A/N - this chapter contains trigerring stuffs like blood scenes and surgery scenes. If your aren't comfortable please skip. I will indicate once the trigerring scenes ends.)

Jeonghan's POV

Trigerring warning

The anesthesiologist started the procedure. She first gave Seungmin an injection for him to get unconscious. She placed the breathing tube in Seungmin's mouth then slowly slid it down his throat reaching his lungs. It will help him to breathe normally during the surgery. She connected the tube to the ventilator. Seungmin was sent to deep sleep. He won't feel any pain.

After few minutes Dr. Finn arrived with his operating team.

"Dr. Yoon, is he someone close to you?" he asked me while we wash our hands.

I hummed and smiled. "He's like my younger brother. His family is my another family. When I was a newbie intern, I had to leave my hometown for studies so his family gave me all the love while I was away from my real family."

"Let's do it. He will be fine." he smiled and I returned.

We entered the OR. We wore our surgery gowns and tied it back, latex gloves, bouffant cap, mask, surgery shoes. Everyone was in their places. Equipment and the head nurse in her positions. We gathered around Seungmin. I was first so I stood in front of Dr. Finn. I looked at Seungmin's pale face, hoping to see him smiling again.

"Let's start." Dr. Finn said and we all nodded.

He applied the surgical scrub on Seungmin's bare chest.

"Scalpel." he asked and the nurse followed. He made an incision in Seungmin's chest. I helped him by controlling the blood flowing out.

"Bovie." I said and she gave that to me. I dissected the muscle.

"Sternal saw." he turned it on and cut the sternum. To open it wide I used sternum retractor.

"Forcep, scissor, and be ready with gauze and suction." I said as I held the forcep in my left hand and scissor in right. I grasped the pericardium with the forcep and slowly cut it open with the help of scissor. As soon as I did, the blood abruptly flow out. Dr. Finn used gauze and another doctor held the suction on the cut so that he won't loose blood. His blood was all over our gloves and even on our gown. Seungmin's heart was in our view now. It was beating fast. Blood was dripping out but was controllable with gauze. 

"Forcep." he ordered and held the semilunar valves in it. Blood was blocking our sight to see the hole.

"Saline." Dr. Finn asked. We poured it and after few moments we could clearly see it. It have really became wide. The valves were hiding it behind them. We need to be careful now.

"Dr. Yoon here, hold this." he handed the forcep to me.

"Patch." he put it carefully on the hole. "Suture, stitch." he added. He was calm. Not wanting any more complications.

As soon as he tried to stitch the patch, blood flow out again. His breathing was increased. The ventilator pushed the oxygen inside him, still he wasn't stable. We tried to secure the blood by gauze but it didn't worked. I was worried that the doctor would say, we need to do bypass.

"Suction!" I commanded. I put it on the blood's source area. Still he wasn't normal.

"He's loosing blood. Fast we need blood!" Dr. Finn exclaimed as one nurse rushed out of the OR. I know, his family will be worried now.

'Seungmin please please don't give up' I mumbled. He was like this for few a moments until the nurse returned with blood. He handed the blood to another nurse and she pricked Seungmin's hand with an injection to allow the blood to flow in.