31. Minnie

Hyunjin's POV

"Jinnie!! You will be coming to my birthday right?" Jeongin asked me. I wished to go but I said no.

"But why?? Innie will turn six tomorrow. Can't you come? Please?" Minnie asked. I was avoiding them for a long time now. But I can't leave them and especially Seungmin when he's in this state.

"Yes, I'll come." I said and they both smiled.

________

"Happy birthday Innie!!!" both Seungmin and I hugged Jeongin very tightly.

"Thank you but please I can't take in air!!" he whined and we let him go. Both of us giggled when Jeongin held his hand on his chest panting heavily.

"Don't worry Innie, it's ok. It's just me who can't handle when I can't take the air inside my body." he meant breathing. We felt bad for Seungmin. I turned him towards me and hugged him.

"Minnie, don't worry ok? I'll take care of you, I will bring smile on your face but still if you don't smile then I'll tickle you. We will be together always and-"

"What are you saying?" we broke the hug.

"Minnie, mom was watching something on TV when I was playing in the living room. In that, one hyung said he will potect-

"Potrect." Innie said.

"It's protect." Seungmin rolled his eyes.

"Protect that nuna. And when one bad person tried to hurt that nuna, that hyung saved her."

Both of them bursted into laughter.
"Hyunie that was not real."

"I know Innie!! But I'll protect Minnie."

"But I'm a boy. How can a boy protect other boy? And if you will protect me others will laugh at me." he pouted.

"So what if we are boys, can't a boy protect another boy? And no one will say anything to you."

"Really?" Seungmin asked in anticipation.

"Yes, Minnie."

________

"Happy birthday to you...
Happy birthday to you...
Happy birthday dear Innie.
Happy birthday to you!!" Seungmin sang the birthday song in the mic. His voice since childhood is pleasing. We sang along with him.

Jeongin blew the candles and cut the cake. Many of our classmates were invited by his parents. We sat on the couch eating the cake. Seungmin was not eating anything. He wasn't breathing properly.

"Hey Minnie, what happened?"

"Nothing Hyunie. I need water." he said.

"Oh I can't see water here. Can you drink juice?" I asked and gave him the glass. I thought he would chug that but he got up and ran towards the washroom. I followed him, tensed.

"Minnie what happened??" I asked but he hurried and opened the door of the washroom and threw up. Changbin hyung saw this and ran towards us. After Seungmin finished throwing up, Changbin hyung help him cleaning up. Seungmin was scratching his throat. We took Seungmin in the living room. When everyone knew what happened, they all gathered around.

"Oh my God, what happened Seungmin??" his mother asked all worried.

"Mom, dad he was throwing up."

"Seungmin, baby what did you eat?" his father asked in a soft tone.

"D-dad, I d-rank t-that..juice." he uttered scratching his neck and pointed at the glass.