Chapter One

AT JOHN F Kennedy International Airport, Queens, New York, Mrs Amelia Rayworth stood at the lot waiting for her son who was yet to come out of the airport. With her were two Sedans and two Limos.

Then, after a waiting period that seemed like forever, Richard Rayworth came out in a complete black suit and loafers, with a pair of sunglasses on, looking all formal and hot. Behind him was James, his personal bodyguard and four porters doing their job. The bodyguards with Amelia went ahead and made a straight horizontal line in front of him as he approached.

"Welcome, Young Sir!" They chorused in unison, all with a slight bow.

Richard paused and scanned through them as they bowed. He removed his sunglasses to reveal his expressionless face -in fact, cold -face and walked over to one of the Limousines which he knew was his, for sure.

"I need you to change that goddamned pilot", he said to his mother as James opened the door for him, "Fast", he added and entered the Limo, ignoring Amelia's almost offended face, before James then closed the door gently.

The guards took in his luggage and set them in the Sedans' trunk before filing into the cars.

Then, one after the other, the cars began to move. First, the Sedan in front, then, Richard's Limo, Amelia's and finally, the second the Sedan. The four black vehicles moved smoothly along the road in a straight file, with almost equal spaces between them.

They all stopped in front of the large gates to Richard's mansion before they were opened automatically. The cars filed in slowly and James ran to open the car door for his boss immediately they came to a stop.

Richard sighed as he came out of the car and glanced at the house slowly and carefully.

Good to be home, he thought. He cleared his throat quietly and walked in as James followed behind. As they approached the colossal vestibule which was more of a hallway, Richard's cook, Madame DeVille came forth and bowed before him.

"Welcome, Young Sir", she greeted with a Spanish accent.

Richard didn't speak. He approached the big spacious living room and looked around as if he was searching for a tiny dot on anything.

"DeVille", he said suddenly, quietly, "Why was I called home all of a sudden?"

"I'm not so sure why", she replied, "But I do know the president is in the hospital".

Richard was surprised but kept it cool. "Hospital...?"

"I heard it's a heart failure".

Richard let out a trembling sigh. "Thank you". He licked his lips and turned to the staircase as James led the guards up with Richard's luggage. He paused and began to wonder what could have gotten his father a heart failure as he was still a sexagenarian. He knew, for sure, it'd be all the stress he'd been going through trying to keep his business in an orderly state. And... Princeton.

He frowned.

James came down with the guards and went to Richard. "Your mother is still in the car outside, Sir", he said.

"Tell her to leave", Richard replied rather coldly and turned to DeVille. "Prepare something for me to eat in an hour", he told her and went up the stairs immediately as James led the guards outside.