Chapter Twenty-Three

MICHAEL WAS IN the gym when his father walked in hurriedly with two envelopes.

"Drop the barbells", he said, "We have letters".

"Letters?" Michael asked as he dropped the barbells he was lifting and sat upright, panting. "From who? From where? How can we have letters?"

"I don't know. But I have a feeling it's RolRay", Harvey said as he handed an envelope to Michael. "For you".

"They don't have your postal address, do they?" He asked as he tore the envelope open and read through. Michael squeezed his in his fist and tore it into pieces.

"Just a fuckin' dismissal letter", he muttered and rubbed his face with his palms. "Came later than I hoped".

"Same here".

"I was expecting an arrest warrant from that asshole", Michael chuckled. "I hate Rayworth".

"Come to think of it...", Harvey started. "We got letters from RolRay —"

"Of course, I'm thinking of it. The motherfucking bastard knows we're here! He knows you have a fucking house down here and he knows more than we know!" He yelled at his father.

"Shouldn't we —"

"Of course, we should run! We have to flee for our lives! What if he'd set us up?"

"Grab your jacket. I'll get my keys", Harvey said and dashed out of the room. He'd barely made it to the living room when the front door burst open and a dozen cops ran in, all pointing their guns at him.

"NYPD, Freeze!" The captain yelled. "Your hands behind your back right now".

Princeton took a quick glance at a door before obeying slowly and going down on his knees.

"We came for two. Search the house", the captain said and about we've dispersed, opening doors and flipping stuff over as he went to cuff Harvey.

"Mr Princeton, we have an arrest warrant against you and your son. So, you have the right to remain silent. If you do say anything, what you say can be used against you in a court of law. You have the right to consult with an attorney and have that attorney present during any questioning. If you cannot afford a attorney, one will be appointed for you if you so desire", he said as he dragged Harvey up to his feet.

Then, suddenly, a crash came from the end of the door as Michael hit a cop on the head with a vase. He tried to escape through the kitchen but was kicked back by the one inside the kitchen. He made for a window to jump out but the captain let go of Harvey and sent a bullet in his left leg.

"Ugh, fuck!" Michael groaned in pain as his hands were cuffed behind him.

The two were taken outside to a van and locked in.

"You okay, officer?" The captain asked Michael's 'vase victim'.

"Yeah, I think so".

"We go then".

****************-***************

Richard sat alone in his office, on his computer when James walked in slowly. He turned to look at him.