Chapter Twenty-Two

"HE MUST BE dismissed!" Someone suggested.

Richard was in the middle of a conference meeting with the high officials. Princeton, of course, was absent. And now, his dismissal had just been proposed.

"And his son?" Richard asked quietly.

"Harvey Princeton tried to bribe workers, his son robbed a warehouse and tried to kill you", Tallman said. "Now, the father is housing the son".

"They're both criminals", another person said.

"We arrest them", Richard smirked. "Anyone against their dismissal?" He looked around twice to be sure no one was opposing the proposition. "Who wants him dismissed?" They all raised their hands. Richard hid his smile. "Mycket bra*... So..., arrest Michael Princeton for robbery and attempted murder and arrest Harvey Princeton for bribery, corruption and... harboring a fugitive?" He muttered to their hearing. "Is that it?"

"Yes", some said in agreement.

"Fair enough", Richard said softly, "He did try to kill me..."

"And they both refused to report to work even before the incident", Graham added.

Richard nodded slowly.

"So, how do we get them?" Graham asked.

"NYPD's still on Michael's trail", Richard replied. "And I know for sure that he's no longer in Queens. He's definitely with his father in Brooklyn".

"How -"

"And they'll plan to lay low until the matter dies down". He scoffed, "Stupid". Then he turned to Tallman, "You're to prepare Michael's dismissal letter. You know what to do".

"Yes, Sir".

"Dr Graham. RolRay can't keep a mutineer like Harvey. Prepare his own letter".

"Yes, Sir".

"Then", Richard reclined in his seat, "Send 'em to me for the postal address". He smirked to himself. "The police will take care of the rest".

"Do you have a plan you're not telling us?" Edwards asked.

Richard glanced at him with an almost wicked smile. "None of you knows where they might be, or do you?" He scoffed as Edwards shook his head. "Of course, they'll expecting dismissal letters. And getting the letters means their location is known. And they don't expect anyone to know it, normally. What the hell do you think they'll do next if they're smart?"

"Try to flee?" Someone replied from one end of the room.

"So true!" Richard said and sat up in his seat. "They'll try to flee, of course. But what if the police barge into the living room before they even find the car key?"

The room went dead silent as they all understood Richard's words gently.

"Anything else?" Richard asked and looked around.

"How do you know where they are?" Graham asked.

"Ever heard of spies?" Richard murmured and stood up. "Meeting's over", he added as they all stood up and bowed. "Get back to work", he said as he left with James.