Chapter Seventeen

DAYS LATER, RICHARD sat in his office, going through the latest reports for the month. He was beginning to consider calling a meeting to dismiss the Princetons. The two weren't just doing well.

He sighed and shoved the reports aside, trying to forget them. He rubbed his face with his palms and reclined in his seat. Then a knock came on his door.

"Come in", he said rather forcefully.

Mr Tallman walked in slowly, looking rather crestfallen and walked towards him with his head lowered.

Suspicious, Richard sat upright and narrowed his gaze. "What happened?" He asked.

"Sir", Tallman finally spoke, though shakily, "Something bad happened".

"What happened?" Richard repeated.

The old man gulped and summoned all the courage he had to reply him. "Sir..., the warehouse... at 14th street..."

"Yes?"

"It was emptied last night".

"Emptied? By who?"

"Sir..."

"Answer me", Richard said, rather calmly. "Who emptied the warehouse? What about the security?"

"There were all found dead, Sir. All but one..., he told me everything... That it was unforeseen. They took out the cameras and... killed them. They left no crate or bag behind".

Richard scoffed and stood up slowly. "You're telling me that... my warehouse was robbed and... the guards from ISS Inc. killed?"

"I'm sorry, Sir".

Richard scoffed again and shoved his hands in his pockets in frustration. He let out two unsteady breaths and moved away from his desk to the glass wall behind it.

His head was certainly too full with thoughts to begin to worry about another thing. He didn't even know where to start from. Who on earth could suddenly go to a well guarded warehouse and rob it after killing all the guards, leaving one to tell the story?

"Is the police involved already?" He asked quietly.

"Yes", Tallman replied, "The locals reported it immediately".

"Where's the survivor? Which hospital did you take him to?"

"We brought him here. He's in the infirmary. He got a bullet in his kneecap".

Richard nodded. "Call Ken now".

"Yes, Sir", Tallman said and left hurriedly.

Richard cleared his throat and ran a hand through his hair. He didn't know what was happening and why his suspicion settled on Michael but it actually did. He just had to carry out a quick investigation to confirm that. With Ken's help, yes.

Ken entered the office in less than 10 minutes and bowed.

"You sent for me, Sir", he said.

Richard had gone to sit back in his seat. He directed him to sit in front of him and Ken obeyed.

"I want you to tell me everything about Michael Princeton this week", said Richard, dropping his laced fingers on the table.