Chapter Ten

RICHARD'S LIVING ROOM was 'packed' with seven people - Richard, James, Amelia, Princeton, Michael, Tallman and Mr Hart.

Richard sat alone in a single seat, his legs crossed and his arms on the couch arms. Amelia, who seemed impatiently curious was opposite Princeton and Michael, with Tallman beside her. Hart was opposite Richard and James stood behind his boss as always.

They all had a cup of coffee each in front of them, except from Richard who had wine instead.

"Can I read now?" Hart asked Richard as he brought out Roland's signed will from his briefcase.

Richard raised his eyes to look at him and said nothing.

"Go on, please", said Amelia.

Hart cleared his throat, "Last Will and Testament of Roland Rayworth...", he started.

"Can you skip all those part?" Amelia cut him short, "We know all about him. Just tell us the inheritance".

Hart glanced at Richard who just signaled to him to go ahead. "I", he went on, "Roland Rayworth hereby decide and agree that... RolRay Enterprise in New York City, Chicago, San Diego, Kansas and Miami, including RolRay Pharmaceuticals, Hotels, Fashion, Schools and Housing Estates, including all my houses, cars and aircrafts owned in my life time, including all my savings of $1,000,000,000 in each of my six banks, including all the shopping malls that belong to my wife, Amelia Rayworth, in New York City and Ohio..., plus the duplex I lived in with her...", Hart paused to take a quick glance around the room, "Should all be given to my only child, Richard Rayworth, as signed by me and my wife. I also declare and agree that... anybody who opposes my will, against Richard Rayworth should be sued by him". He took a deep breath to indicate the end of it. He turned the will around to let everyone see Roland's and Amelia's signatures at the bottom before returning it into his briefcase.

Richard swallowed hard and clenched his fists. Then he squeezed his eyes shut.

"Just what I was expecting", he heard Amelia say, making him open his eyes to look at her. "My son is the new president of RolRay". She flashed him an enigmatic smile which made him almost smirk.

Richard cleared his throat and glanced at Michael.

"But remember", she continued, "You have to get married or declare a next of kin within a year... If you don't die", she chuckled.

Richard stared at her for a while. "Now, you can take your leave", he said rather calmly and respectively.

"Of course, I will", she said back to him, sounding pained, "I will go back to my stupid confinement". She took her bag and walked out of the room immediately.

"Let me see you for a sec", Richard said to Michael and stood up to go up.

"Why?" Michael asked without standing up.

"Because you have to", Richard replied without turning to look at him. Then he turned slowly, "Because I'm your boss". He went to the stairs and began to mount it as Michael followed slowly and obediently.

Richard led him to a balcony and stopped at the rail, thrusting his hands in his pockets as he waited.

"You don't have to be so commanding, Richard", Michael said as she stopped beside him. "What do you have to say to me?"