Chapter Seven

HE DIDN'T KNOW just what to say. He couldn't act like a child and report a wife to her husband. But he knew he had to do something fast. He just didn't know what.

Richard forced himself to look calm and unstressed as he walked into into Roland's ward. He'd told him bodyguards to stay back at the lobby while he saw his father.

Roland was watching the TV when Richard entered the room.

"I wasn't expecting you today, Richard", he said and muted the TV. "Is everything okay?"

"Yes...", Richard replied and sat in the chair by the bed. "Have you been watching the news?"

"Never missed one. Princeton has almost succeeded in making himself indispensable. Dismissing him is a problem now".

"I need your help".

"RolRay is yours, Richard".

"It's still yours. I think they're trying to kill me".

Roland looked at him and dropped a hand on his. "They can't. They won't be able to. Did you visit my attorney? Is he... with you?"

Richard gulped and nodded. He opened his mouth to talk but closed it again since he'd include Amelia in whatever was next.

Then, the door opened and Dr Brandt walked in slowly. He simply invited Richard into his office to tell about Roland's health. He told Richard that as long as Roland was free stress and worries and any other thing that could cause him an attack, he should be up on his feet in a few weeks. Always the same thing.

Richard thanked Brandt for the information and decided see Roland before he left the hospital.

Now he was staring at his father's sleeping face. He imagined how it'd be if the real one and only Roland Rayworth was back behind a microphone before a large number of reporters and journalists. He wondered what great surprise would meet Princeton if he saw that 'Rol Ray' was back in his seat as the president of RolRay.

Then, his mother's words haunted him again. What if Roland never got off the bed? What if..., no! The doctor said he would.

Richard sighed and dipped his hands in his pockets. He shook his head to ward off his own thoughts. He'd simply wait patiently and calmly until Roland got better.

He alerted James to get ready on his cellphone and glanced at Roland's monitor before leaving the room. He had to get to the company for a scheduled conference meeting. Princeton was however excluded with an excuse from Richard to have to 'relax' after the 'stressful' press conference.

**************-**************

Amelia had her car brought to a stop in front of the hospital. It was now or never, l she thought. She had to let Roland know she was fickle. She had to let him know exactly what kind of a person she was. How and what she felt.

She carried on an expressionless face as she walked in alone, ignoring the greetings she received.

When the elevator stopped on the floor of Roland's ward, she paused to take a deep breath. Her heart began to ache for whatever pain she might cause him. She'd blame herself forever if anything terrible was to happen to him because of it.