Chapter Three

RICHARD FINALLY TOOK over from Princeton in a few days and everything bearing the name of RolRay was at the tip of his fingers. James had dispatched two men to go around the city as Richard had ordered. They were to meet with him in two days.

Richard summoned a conference meeting of all of RolRay's Chief Executive Officers all over the city and state. Princeton, as well as Tallman, had to be present too.

Richard sat at the head of the long hyperbolic shaped table, his eyes running through all the elderly men before him. James stood near him as usual and Richard bore on his face an expressionless, rather mean face. He tapped the microphone for attention and started, clearing his throat.

"Welcome all. I believe you know why I called for this meeting. Take a glimpse at the chart".

They all turned to look at the board behind Richard and the room suddenly got filled with murmurings. Richard laced his fingers and placed his chin on it. Then he blew in his microphone for quietness.

"As you can all see...", he continued, "RolRay isn't only losing its productivity; it's also losing its reputation. It's losing money. The president is on his sickbed right now and I know you're all aware of that. The best we can do is to put his mind at rest". He turned to look at Princeton, "Can't believe I returned from Sweden to meet such bad developments, Princeton. What if adulterated RolRay products come up? Be careful". The last two words bore an extreme coldness only Princeton heard.

"My apologies...", Princeton said.

"Edwards!" Richard suddenly called, "RolRay Hotels are known to have a high number of stars and an excellent quality. The recent news I got might bring us down. Find a solution to that. You too; Finn, MacDonald and Fieldman. RolRay must get back to its high standard".

"Yes Sir!" They chorused.

Richard ran his eyes through the gathering once more. "Anything?" He asked.

Princeton tapped his mic for attention and eyes turned to him. "I have a son who graduated with a Second Class Upper in Pharmacy. I'd like to ask for the permission to bring him in..., since he can be of great help to the company", he said, casting a glance at Richard.

Richard hid his frown as some began to murmur in agreement. He received a mischievous glance from Princeton but said nothing.

"Let him in", he said with his gaze fixed on Princeton.

The door opened and Richard's worst nightmare walked in briskly. He stopped at the other end of the conference table and bowed slightly.

"Hi", he started, "My name is Michael Princeton".

Richard's eyes reddened slowly with rage but he held it in. "Welcome to RolRay", he said, "Michael".

So..., he thought, both Father and Son want to form a team against me? He smirked. If Princeton couldn't handle him alone and got his hellish son to help, he was also ready to play the game.

He stood in his office 5 minutes after ending the meeting, staring out the glass wall with his hands deep in his pockets. He'd told Michael to come with his CV and certificates after the meeting and half of him was expecting him to come.

Then, the door opened and James entered.

"He is here, Sir", he said.