│10│

Ok brief summary of the TW part in the last chapter...
So Scarlett got outside and had a panic attack because everything that just happened is super overwhelming. Usually Will is there to help her get through is but he isn't there so she cries some more.

I cried and cried and cried until I couldn't anymore. I stayed kneeling in the cold snow despite the fact that I was freezing. It didn't seem to matter. I stared at the white snow and listened to the air whistling against my freezing face. Everything was quiet until...

"I almost killed the wrong man." I heard someone say in the distance. I quickly sprung to my feet, ready to attack, but the person wasn't near. He was far in the distance, standing a couple feet from another person who was sitting on a large rock. The voice wasn't speaking to me, I realized. I slowly began to walk over to the two, trying not to be seen. It was T'Challa, dressed in his Black Panther suit, the same as when we were at the airport.

"Hardly and innocent one." The man on the rock said. I recognized his voice, his tone, and his accent.

Zemo. He was holding a phone in one hand, and a gun in the other. I immediately stiffened at the sight of it, but stayed hidden.

"This is all you wanted?" T'Challa spoke, "To see them rip each other apart."

"My father lived outside the city. I thought we would be safe there. My son was excited. He could see the Iron Man from the car window. I told my wife, 'Don't worry, they're fighting in the city. We're miles from harm.' When the dust cleared... and the screaming stopped... it took me two days until I found their bodies. My father, still holding my wife and son in his arms." His story sent more sadness through my body. How could one day give so much sadness to a group of people. But I guess it hasn't just been one day. Sadness followed us for years. It followed me, Bucky, Steve, Tony, and Zemo.

"And the Avengers?" Zemo continued, "They went home. I knew I couldn't kill them. More powerful men than me have tried. But, if I could get them to kill each other..." A mixture of sympathy and anger filled my head and I revealed myself to them. They each gave me a simple look, acknowledging that I was there.

"I'm sorry about your father. Both of you."

"My father?" I asked. How did he know my father, I don't even know who he is.

"You don't know? I guess Hydra likes keeping its secrets but I'm surprised you haven't figured it out yet. James Buchanan Barnes. Your parents were captured by Hydra. Your mother, pregnant when it happened. They gave her a serum to pause her pregnancy and then she went into cryo, when she came out, she had you."

I stared at his in amazement, confusion, and sadness. He spoke about my mother who I never really knew before she died. He talked about Bucky, my father.

"How do you know so much about me?"

"I read all of HYDRA's files. I read your whole life story. You were born in HYDRA, your mother died when you were six, you took the serum when you were eight, and you started your missions at ten years old."

"I'm sorry for the loss of your mother. And soon your father."

"Vengeance has consumed you." T'Challa said to Zemo, "It's consuming them. I am done letting it consume me. Justice will come soon enough"

"Tell that to the dead." Zemo added, lifting the gun up to his chin. He pulled the trigger but missed when T'Challa pushed him back and held him in a head lock.

"The living are not done with you yet."

---⭑---⭑---⭑---

T'Challa took Zemo to his jet and brought him to jail and I went back to the quin jet, hoping and waiting for Bucky and Steve to return.