|13|

"A misidentifies Wakandan artifact was stolen yesterday from a British museum." Okoye explains, projecting a picture of a hammer with a vibranium head from her kimoyo beads. We are both standing in front of all the leaders from all the Wakandian tribes, with T'Challa sitting in the middle in a big, fancy chair. The image then changes to a picture of a rusty man in about his forties or fifties and has a scruffy beard.

"We have learned Ulysses Klaue plans to sell the vibranium to an American buyer in South Korea tomorrow night." I continue explaining. I am now wearing the Wakandian armor Shuri made for me, almost matching the Dora Milaje's uniforms, and my hair is in a tight high pony tail.

"Klaue has escaped out pursuits for almost thirty years." T'Challa says, "Not capturing him is, perhaps, my father's greatest regret. I wish to bring Klaue back here to stand trial."

"Wakanda does not need a warrior right now," the merchant tribe elder says, "We need a king."

"My parents were killed when he attacked. Not a day goes by when I do not think about what Klaue took from us. From me." W'Kabi interrupts. My mind immedietly turns to my mother, how she died because of HYDRA. I feel empathy for W'Kabi.

"It's too great an opportunity to pass." I say, wanting to avenge his parents, perhaps it will make me feel better for all the red in my ledger.

"Take me with you," W'Kabi pleades to T'Challa, "We'll take him down together side by side."

"I need you here protecting the border." T'Challa says.

"Then I ask you kill him where he stands or you bring him back to us."

"You have my word. I will bring him back." T'Challa promises, standing up out of his throne, "We will proceed with the mission."

~~~

After the meeting, shuri and I hung out in her lab. While she tinkered with some new projects, I talked about my job and friends and Adrian.

"So he called you his girlfriend at work in front of a group of other girls?" She asked, trying to process it all. Adrian was an idiot for doing that.

"Yup."

"You should've whoop his butt Scarlett." Shuri joked. I laughed. I could've whooped his butt. Why didn't I?

There was a silence. Not a silence with awkwardness lingering in the air, but a comfortable silence. I trusted Shuri, she came to be my best friend at a time when it seemed pretty impossible to get close to anyone. My dad went under cryo, Steve and other avengers are running from secretary Ross, others are under house arrest, and I'm not exactly sure about the rest. I had just lost a best friend and didn't know where he was and if he was ok.

I'm so grateful for Shuri. I get less panic attacks, I'm sleeping and eating well, and I'm pretty social. I trust her.

"Can you come with me to see my dad." I ask abruptly. Shuri drops her tool and looks at me in the eyes. She's stunned. I haven't seen my dad since he went under.

"Are you sure you're ready for that?" She asks. I think she knows about my sensitivity towards this subject so she's protective and makes sure I'm ok with it. But I'm ready. I need to see him.

"Yeah. Yeah I'm sure."

"Ok. Let's go." She says she leads me out of the lab and into a jet that takes us back to the palace where my dad is. I try to keep my cool, but for some reason I'm nervous. I shouldn't be nervous.

We get to the palace and make our way to the room where my dad is. We're not even in the room and my hands starts to shake.

'Maybe this is a mistake'. I think to myself. But as if she can read my mind, Shuri takes a hold of my hand to steady me.

"I believe in you." She comforts me, looking me in my eyes once again, "you got this." I nod and we walk into the white room with machines lining the walls. And in the middle of the room is the cryo chamber. I see my dad in the clear tube. His skin is pale and his eyelashes have frost on the tips.

I find myself face to face with him and only a wall of glass separated us. I no longer feel Shuri's hand, but I am touching the cold material, focusing on the smoothness against my fingertips.

I turn back and see Shuri standing by the door.

"Can I just have a second alone?" I ask. She smiles and leaves the room, shutting the door behind her without a single word. I turn my head again and loon back at my dad. His seemingly lifeless body, probably dreaming about New York or maybe even me.

"Hey dad." I say just above a whisper, "I miss you." My head drops and tears start to fall down my cheeks.

"We're still waiting to find something to help you. Shuri's team has been working for months to try and get you back to normal. Hopefully they'll figure it out soon, I need you here."

I wipe the tears off my face and look back up at his face. He looks peaceful. I touch the glass again, pretending it isn't there and pretending that I'm touching him.

"Я люблю тебя отец." (I love you father.) I whisper, closing my eyes and pressing my forehead up against the glass.

"хорошо мечтать." (Dream well)

Heyyyyyy!!! Sorry I disappeared for like ever. I've been dealing with a lot of mental things, including school, and broken laptop. But now it's fixed so I can write again. I'm going to try and post another chapter tomorrow (after I go watch eternals of course). But yeah, sorry again.

Also, I didn't realize people actually like this because I have almost 10k reads and over 100 votes! Thank you guys so much you actually have no idea how much that means to me so please vote and comment, I really enjoy reading them.

Ok bye! Love y'all! Peace out girl scout!