(7)

The nurse was bandaging his arm.
She was standing beside him holding his hand.
She hissed when the nurse tightly fixed the bandage at the end.
His bicep flex but he didn't show his pain and put on his famous poker face.

"Take painkillers if you had any pain." Daneen diverted her eyes towards the nurse who was looking at her husband like he was a piece of meat.

She hurriedly steps forward, "Thank you for your accommodation, I will take care of it." With a tight smile she spoke.

The nurse rolled her eyes and left the room.

"Did you see?" With a little gasp, she uttered.

"What!" He knew what she saw talking about, but remained clueless.

"Nevermind, let's go." Her grip was tight on his hand.

He was liking it, all the attention which she was giving him, he was enjoying every bit of it.

He had no idea that his little stunt of harshly driving the car and his injury could affect his wife this much.

He could have hurt himself long ago if he knew his wife would treat him like a baby.

Then, he remembered that harming yourself is haram in Islam. So, he made peace that whatever happened Allah truly planned goodness in it for him and her.

They were walking towards the parking area, she opened the car door and made him sit in the car like he was a five-year-old kid who needs his mommy for doing everything.

But who was he to complain? He was getting what he wanted - his wife's attention.

He leaned against the passenger seat and intensely looked at her, she still had his hand in her grip while she was driving very carefully.

"You're a good driver!" He lightly mumbled.

"I don't know, but I'm dead sure I'm better than you." Scoffing at him, she focused her attention on the road again.

Murtaza smiled lightly.

"Our hands look good together, they fit perfectly." Daneen stiffened at his confession.

When she tried to free her hand he tightly held it, "Enough Daneen, not anymore."

******

They were finally in their room after answering everybody's answers.
They both frightened them, but Murtaza assured them that they both were fine.

When his father asked him about the truck.
He told him that he already noted the truck's number and his men are finding it.

Surely, Murtaza Qureshi won't leave that driver.

Now, as they sat closely on their bed, her eyes were lowered and she was fidgeting with the hem of her shirt.

Murtaza placed his warm hands on her cold ones.

"You gave me a heart attack today, you know." He softly spoke, instantly her eyes welled up with tears.

"I'm sorry!"

"Sorry won't do anything, promise me you won't ever cross a road alone, promise me you will hold my hand tightly while crossing every difficult path of your life till the end."

"Murtaza."

"Please, Daneen, I'm tired of our cat and mouse game."

"Just hold my hand Daneen, I promise I won't disappoint you ever " He uttered those words with softness.

She bit her lips as her tears landed on her cheeks.

With his thumb, he gently caressed her cheeks.

"I love you with all my heart, I don't know when you melted my stone heart but I do know one thing, it was only you, no one before and no one will be after."

Her sobs were getting louder, she clenched his shirt from the front.

"You stupid man, what were you thinking, trying to save me, look how badly you injured yourself."

"It is my responsibility to always protect you, I was just doing my part, and I just confessed my love to you and here you are talking about my injury."

She chuckled and caressed his jaw.

"Murtaza stupid Qureshi, you made me fall in love with you, I tried so hard but you won, I love you so damn much."

She hugged him, her hands tightly gripping his neck.

He lightly chuckled and kissed her temple.

"Don't call me stupid next time, I might give you punishment."

"You and your fragile male ego." She murmured against his broad chest.

He ignored her comeback by shaking his head.

"I love you, Janan, more than you could imagine." Murtaza tightly hugged her and spoke against her hair.

Another update! Tell me how are you finding this story so far.
Vote and comment for more.
Take care and stay safe.
Allah Hafiz.